1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 00:39
    @ogb removed their quoted post
    You haven't the faintest idea of what you're talking about, have you?
  2. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    25 Aug '21 00:42
    @ogb
    Here is some far-out stuff about strangelets from an encyclopedia:

'The strange matter hypothesis remains unproven. No direct search for strangelets in cosmic rays or particle accelerators has seen a strangelet. If any of the objects such as neutron stars could be shown to have a surface made of strange matter, this would indicate that strange matter is stable at zero pressure, which would vindicate the strange matter hypothesis. However there is no strong evidence for strange matter surfaces on neutron stars.

Another argument against the hypothesis is that if it were true, essentially all neutron stars should be made of strange matter, and otherwise none should be. Even if there were only a few strange stars initially, violent events such as collisions would soon create many fragments of strange matter flying around the universe. Because collision with a single strangelet would convert a neutron star to strange matter, all but a few of the most recently formed neutron stars should by now have already been converted to strange matter.

This argument is still debated, but if it is correct then showing that one old neutron star has a conventional nuclear matter crust would disprove the strange matter hypothesis.

Because of its importance for the strange matter hypothesis, there is an ongoing effort to determine whether the surfaces of neutron stars are made of strange matter or nuclear matter. The evidence currently favors nuclear matter. This comes from the phenomenology of X-ray bursts, which is well explained in terms of a nuclear matter crust, and from measurement of seismic vibrations in magnetars.'
  3. Joined
    20 Aug '21
    Moves
    26 Aug '21 00:05
    @lemondrop said
    run!!!
    😆
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 13:47
    @bunnyknight
    All you have to do is look at the age of the solar system and see how many folks have been killed by these particles so the bottom line is the risk is so low as to be safely considered to be zero so what is all this all about anyway?
  5. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 22:30
    @sonhouse said
    @bunnyknight
    All you have to do is look at the age of the solar system and see how many folks have been killed by these particles so the bottom line is the risk is so low as to be safely considered to be zero so what is all this all about anyway?
    It's all about finding out if we should scream in panic as we worry about the possibility that a strangelet could hit our dog, our cat, or our mother, and in a matter of seconds convert them into strange-matter. And the thought of having a strange-matter cat in my house terrifies me.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 23:51
    @bunnyknight
    Yeah, it happens SO often. Be prepared, I say🙂
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 13:07
    @bunnyknight said
    It's all about finding out if we should scream in panic as we worry about the possibility that a strangelet could hit our dog, our cat, or our mother, and in a matter of seconds convert them into strange-matter. And the thought of having a strange-matter cat in my house terrifies me.
    If I were you, I'd be more worried about ice-nine.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 17:32
    @Shallow-Blue
    Or the black hole reported to be in the center of Earth.
  9. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Sep '21 03:18
    @sonhouse said
    @Shallow-Blue
    Or the black hole reported to be in the center of Earth.
    Has it ever occurred to you that Earth could be mostly hollow, containing a vast grid-work of hundreds of levels, each a mile high, with gravity supplied by a black hole at the center?
    And its builders could still be happily living down there while observing and laughing at the silly primitive humans doing their silly stupid things above.
  10. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    02 Sep '21 04:53
    @bunnyknight said
    Has it ever occurred to you that Earth could be mostly hollow, containing a vast grid-work of hundreds of levels, each a mile high, with gravity supplied by a black hole at the center?
    And its builders could still be happily living down there while observing and laughing at the silly primitive humans doing their silly stupid things above.
    Admiral Richard Byrd conclusively proved the center earth theory to be real, He actually saw the exact opening..
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Sep '21 15:471 edit
    @ogb
    Too bad he didn't fall in.....
    I wonder how the hollow Earthers rationalize earthquakes when the whole Earth has been according to them, manufactured.

The thing about a black hole in the center of Earth theory, there would be nothing to stop the thing moving out of center and poking out the surface and just continuing on it's way since the mass would have to be near that of Earth to make this alleged gravity field we feel due to the mass of Earth.

That bunch is probably as nutty as the flat Earthers too.
  12. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    02 Sep '21 18:05
    @sonhouse said
    @ogb
    Too bad he didn't fall in.....
    I wonder how the hollow Earthers rationalize earthquakes when the whole Earth has been according to them, manufactured.

The thing about a black hole in the center of Earth theory, there would be nothing to stop the thing moving out of center and poking out the surface and just continuing on it's way since the mass would have to be nea ...[text shortened]... field we feel due to the mass of Earth.

That bunch is probably as nutty as the flat Earthers too.
    You assume that these advanced beings living in our hollow Earth don't have the technology to keep the Earth-black hole equilibrium under control, but that assumption could be wrong.

Furthermore, the main diet of these advanced beings could be cheese, and all this cheese could be coming from their huge cheese factories inside our Moon.

So in summary, our hollow Earth, the black hole at its center, and our Moon being mostly cheese could all be absolutely true.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Sep '21 00:42
    @bunnyknight
    Ah, so they also must have teleportation technology to get the cheese from the moon to their homes under the sea. Amazing, eh. We are clueless🙂
  14. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    03 Sep '21 02:42
    @deepthought said
    You haven't the faintest idea of what you're talking about, have you?
    I have already completed two bachelor level courses in from the IMHS Metaphysics Institue, and after that I hope to eventually go for the masters Degree, so Yes I do know what I'm talking about....
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Sep '21 23:05
    @ogb
    So you finished SIX credits?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree