1. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    28 Aug '21 21:51
    I came up with some rough estimates of the following scenario:

Imagine a neutronium ball 1 inch in diameter sitting on a small, very special table that's able to contain it. This small ball of neutron star matter would have a surface gravity of about 53,000 earth g's.

You start approaching it. 10 feet (3 meters) from the ball the gravitational pull would be nearly 1 earth g's and you'd need to hold on to something to keep from sliding further.

Then you carefully get closer and reach for it. 1 foot from the ball the pull would be about 93 earth g's and you might have just enough strength to pull your hand away, but if you slip it's all over and you suddenly become part of that small ball.
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    28 Aug '21 23:57
    @bunnyknight said
    I came up with some rough estimates of the following scenario:

Imagine a neutronium ball 1 inch in diameter sitting on a small, very special table that's able to contain it. This small ball of neutron star matter would have a surface gravity of about 53,000 earth g's.

You start approaching it. 10 feet (3 meters) from the ball the gravitational pull would be nearly ...[text shortened]... pull your hand away, but if you slip it's all over and you suddenly become part of that small ball.
    you can thank your lucky stars that there is a lot of space in space
    I read somewhere that if all the particles in the universe were evenly distributed that there would only be about three particles per cubic meter of space
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 14:11
    @lemondrop said
    you can thank your lucky stars that there is a lot of space in space
    I read somewhere that if all the particles in the universe were evenly distributed that there would only be about three particles per cubic meter of space
    good statistic lemondroop....with "space" expanding rapidly, maybe it's down to two particles per..
  4. Joined
    20 Aug '21
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 01:35
    @bunnyknight

Is it possible to throw this neutronium ball at liberals? 🤔
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 13:44
    @C-I-V
    No but maybe we could arrange for you to swallow a pill sized version of that stuff.
  6. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 22:21
    @c-i-v said
    @bunnyknight

Is it possible to throw this neutronium ball at liberals? 🤔
    I should be getting a neutronium ball this Christmas, and I'm looking forward to measuring all it's properties and play with it to see what it can do. And don't worry about my safety because I just ordered a pair special gravity mitts.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Aug '21 23:51
    @bunnyknight
    Well you could get that stuff in that sci fi book, called anti gravity paint....
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 15:46
    @sonhouse
    The kids scifi book was called Danny Dunn and the antigravity paint.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree