Was highly unjust
    And unfair 😷
  2. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    hicksville
    Moves
    10 May '22 17:23
    In my opinion:

The TV remote control is one of the greatest advancements in science.
    And imo whoever invented the mute 🔇 button deserves a Nobel prize for the advancement of mental health.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    10 May '22 18:18
    @Kilroy70

I used to think electric can openers were useless technology. Until I developed arthritis in my hands.
  4. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    hicksville
    Moves
    10 May '22 19:09
    @moonbus said
    @Kilroy70

I used to think electric can openers were useless technology. Until I developed arthritis in my hands.
    I used to think hair growth products for men were stupid. And I still do. My hair has been gradually thinning and there's a big bald spot in the back, but unless I'm holding two mirrors I never see it.. so out of sight, out of mind.
    But the fact is I really don't care.
    I'm not saying men shouldn't care about their appearance, but (imo) going too far with it smacks of narcissistic vanity.

I'm only speaking for myself, and not speaking for anyone else. So if there are any pretty boy gorgeous Georges reading this don't get your man panties in a twist, because
    I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!
  5. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    11 May '22 06:58
    @Kilroy70
    I once visited family, and while everyone was watching tv, I was holding the remote.
    And when my habit of muting all ads that came up kicked in, everybody screamed at me. Can you believe it...
    Brainwashed at its peak...
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    11 May '22 10:341 edit
    @kilroy70 said
    I used to think hair growth products for men were stupid. And I still do. My hair has been gradually thinning and there's a big bald spot in the back, but unless I'm holding two mirrors I never see it.. so out of sight, out of mind.
    But the fact is I really don't care.
    I'm not saying men shouldn't care about their appearance, but (imo) going too far with it smacks of narc ...[text shortened]... Georges reading this don't get your man panties in a twist, because
    I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK!!!
    Oh, I’ve got the cure for baldness. Don’t have any bald grandfathers.

But in principle I agree with you. It’s a vanity issue.
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 May '22 13:25
    @moonbus said
    Oh, I’ve got the cure for baldness. Don’t have any bald grandfathers
    Sufficient, but not necessary. My mother's father was bald, my father's father had very thin hair which my father inherited, but luckily I got my hair genes from my mother, who got them from hers.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 May '22 15:02
    @pawnpaw said
    @Kilroy70
    I once visited family, and while everyone was watching tv, I was holding the remote.
    And when my habit of muting all ads that came up kicked in, everybody screamed at me. Can you believe it...
    Brainwashed at its peak...
    Watch any small child.They will be happily ignoring the telly while drawing or something until an advert appears and then they stop what they're doing and watch.
    I've never worked out why.
    The most used button on our remote is the fast forward button.We record everything and fast forward all the rubbish(like what do you do etc to contestants on quiz shows -(who cares?)and all the adverts of course
  9. Standard memberKilroy70
    within reason
    hicksville
    Moves
    11 May '22 15:491 edit
    @venda said
    Watch any small child.They will be happily ignoring the telly while drawing or something until an advert appears and then they stop what they're doing and watch.
    I've never worked out why.
    The most used button on our remote is the fast forward button.We record everything and fast forward all the rubbish(like what do you do etc to contestants on quiz shows -(who cares?)and all the adverts of course
    I hadn't noticed that with my kids (or grandchildren) but I think you're on to something. Shows that interest adults probably don't interest most children, but adverts are specifically designed to grab your attention on a primal level.

And not all ads are worth ignoring. Some are so silly (without meaning to be) they can be more entertaining than the program.
  10. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    11 May '22 18:34
    @kilroy70 said
    I was hoping to go bald a decade ago but my stupid hair just keeps sprouting like weeds. I hate having to cut my stupid hair every month.

Now to be fair, I would feel different if I was a bear.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 May '22 21:30
    @bunnyknight
    I'll take some of it🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree