1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 19:24
    @metal-brain said
    Global warming theory is the theory that CO2 increase in the atmosphere is causing global warming. That is a theory and nothing more.
    You are conceding that CO2 causing global warming is a valid theory? That is big news.

theory
    1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 09:14
    @wildgrass said
    You are conceding that CO2 causing global warming is a valid theory? That is big news.

theory
    1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena.
    It is a theory. I never said it was valid.

There is no correlation between CO2 levels in the atmosphere and temperatures. They move independent of each other. It is possible that CO2 levels could be exacerbating the natural fluctuations and that is why I created this thread, so anybody on here can use sea level rise to make their case. Nobody has tried yet.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 13:27
    @Metal-Brain
    And you think since the sea level rise is not happening in a year it must be fake news. The real planet does not react like that, it takes a long time from human perspective which you ignore.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 15:35
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    And you think since the sea level rise is not happening in a year it must be fake news. The real planet does not react like that, it takes a long time from human perspective which you ignore.
    Sea levels do not rise every year. Sometimes they fall, but it is only temporary. The trend is upward and has been for over 200 years. Human perspective? Could you be any more vague? Only you know what that means.

You do not want to use sea level rise to demonstrate AGW is the main cause. Is it because you know you cannot do it and you know it? I think that is exactly it. It would explain why you prefer trolling instead. You have nothing.

You typically digress into other stuff when you fail to prove anything. Are you about to do that again?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 18:17
    @Metal-Brain
    https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2680/new-study-finds-sea-level-rise-accelerating/
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 20:081 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2680/new-study-finds-sea-level-rise-accelerating/
    I already posted a NASA link with sea level data. I selected NASA so you would be unlikely to question the data. Here it is again.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Accelerations have happened in the past, followed by decelerations. That is normal.

You need to prove something relevant.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 20:392 edits
    @metal-brain said

Accelerations have happened in the past, followed by decelerations. That is normal.
    "normal" when it has natural causes or man made causes? This time it is man made.
    Your stupid straw man fools nobody here. Nobody CLAIMS that sea level rise (and/or with accelerations and decelerations) didn't ever have natural causes in the past. That doesn't mean this time it is all natural causes, MORON.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 21:01
    @humy
    MORON that later.....
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    14 Feb '19 21:37
    @metal-brain said
    Show me where sea level rise is caused by CO2 increase.
    1. Mankind is putting tonnes of CO2 into atmosphere.
    2. CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
    3. The Earth is getting warmer. (Partly or wholly because of greenhouse gases)
    4. A warmer Earth causes ice to melt.
    5. Melting ice-caps cause sea-level rise.

Which of those statements do you disagree with?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 12:58
    @humy said
    "normal" when it has natural causes or man made causes? This time it is man made.
    Your stupid straw man fools nobody here. Nobody CLAIMS that sea level rise (and/or with accelerations and decelerations) didn't ever have natural causes in the past. That doesn't mean this time it is all natural causes, MORON.
    Show me the abnormal acceleration due to CO2 using the NASA graph I provided. That is all you have to do. If you don't you will be considered the moron.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 13:05
    @wolfgang59 said
    1. Mankind is putting tonnes of CO2 into atmosphere.
    2. CO2 is a greenhouse gas.
    3. The Earth is getting warmer. (Partly or wholly because of greenhouse gases)
    4. A warmer Earth causes ice to melt.
    5. Melting ice-caps cause sea-level rise.

Which of those statements do you disagree with?
    This global warming trend has been happening for over 200 years. It is obvious it started by natural causes.

Which greenhouse gasses do you think is causing AGW? What is the percentage of those gasses in the atmosphere?

Show me using the sea level rise graph from NASA. Gossip isn't relevant here.
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:04
    @metal-brain said
    It is a theory. I never said it was valid.

There is no correlation between CO2 levels in the atmosphere and temperatures. They move independent of each other. It is possible that CO2 levels could be exacerbating the natural fluctuations and that is why I created this thread, so anybody on here can use sea level rise to make their case. Nobody has tried yet.
    It is not a theory if it's not valid.

Your correlative analysis does not falsify this theory. Formulas to predict the effect of greenhouse gases on the atmosphere have existed since the mid 1800's, and remain valid. Scientists have been testing and refining this concept ever since. Numerous other geophysical concepts (theoretical and measurable), as well as correlative and empirical data reinforce this. If you understand physics, common sense tells you this is obvious. There is no question that increased greenhouse gases, put there by burning fossils, in the atmosphere cause the earth to warm. Meanwhile temperatures are increasing and ice is melting. Other human-caused variables (i.e. land use) are also well established from physical and environmental perspectives.

Apply your logic other scientific theories. Do criticisms of relativity invalidate the theory itself?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 15:45
    @wildgrass said
    It is not a theory if it's not valid.

Your correlative analysis does not falsify this theory. Formulas to predict the effect of greenhouse gases on the atmosphere have existed since the mid 1800's, and remain valid. Scientists have been testing and refining this concept ever since. Numerous other geophysical concepts (theoretical and measurable), as well as correlative a ...[text shortened]... pply your logic other scientific theories. Do criticisms of relativity invalidate the theory itself?
    A theory is often specious. How can a theory be specious and valid at the same time?

There is no evidence that CO2 causes warming in the atmosphere at these levels. It might, but there is no evidence of it.

I created this thread to give you and others an opportunity to use sea level to make your case for that. So far you and everyone else has declined to do that. If you want to back up your claims do it with the sea level graph I have posted. Gossip is not evidence.
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 16:454 edits
    @metal-brain said
    There is no evidence that CO2 causes warming in the atmosphere at these levels
    You keep make assertions without evidence like this one. We can then validly dismiss them. How do you KNOW there is "no evidence" of this when you have repeatedly shown ignorance of the relevant sciences that imply there is evidence? Who do you expect we will believe? Your opinion, given you clearly are NOT an expert on it? Or the relevant science and the relevant scientists that disagree with you? You will convince nobody here.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Feb '19 17:28
    @metal-brain said
    A theory is often specious. How can a theory be specious and valid at the same time?

There is no evidence that CO2 causes warming in the atmosphere at these levels. It might, but there is no evidence of it.

I created this thread to give you and others an opportunity to use sea level to make your case for that. So far you and everyone else has declined to do that. I ...[text shortened]... ou want to back up your claims do it with the sea level graph I have posted. Gossip is not evidence.
    Arguments can be specious but theories cannot.

Your alternative theory, that natural causes can explain all global warming phenomena, is demonstrably less accurate than the currently accepted one.

The absence of a correlation does not a theory debunk.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree