1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 07:10
    @humy said
    Unlike you, no. I just look at what the science and the experts say.
    You do not know what the experts say. Most of climate scientists need to be polled to know that and it has never been done.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 07:39
    @metal-brain said
    You do not know what the experts say.
    false. I have read what they say.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 08:15
    @humy said
    false. I have read what they say.
    False. All polls were of a minority of climate scientists, not a majority.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 10:441 edit
    @metal-brain said
    False. All polls were of a minority of climate scientists, not a majority.
    So you think if, say, 10% of a large population was randomly selected and say 90% said yes to a question, you don't think that couldn't be good evidence that probably about 90% of the rest of the population would also say yes?
    As usual, you show complete ignorance of how statistics and science works.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 12:53
    @humy said
    So you think if, say, 10% of a large population was randomly selected and say 90% said yes to a question, you don't think that couldn't be good evidence that probably about 90% of the rest of the population would also say yes?
    As usual, you show complete ignorance of how statistics and science works.
    No. A majority of a minority is still a minority. Only a minority of climate scientists have been polled and released. If a poll of a majority exists it was suppressed. I have never seen it and neither have you.

Deepthought already did a good job of explaining to you why a poll of a minority could be flawed. Now you are pretending you do not remember.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jun '19 15:251 edit
    @metal-brain said
    No. A majority of a minority is still a minority. Only a minority of climate scientists have been polled and released. If a poll of a majority exists it was suppressed. I have never seen it and neither have you.

Deepthought already did a good job of explaining to you why a poll of a minority could be flawed. Now you are pretending you do not remember.
    Here is an interesting article talking about inconsistencies in climate change modeling, a big problem for climate science but they think they have resolved the issue:

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-evidence-reliability-climate.html

And this, about the melting of the Greenland ice sheet. Showing that cloud cover is more dominant in the melt than levels of CO2 or Methane:

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-clouds-dominate-uncertainties-future-greenland.html
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '19 13:42
    Research shows the US military is one of the largest climate polluters in history, consuming more liquid fuels and emitting more CO2e (carbon-dioxide equivalent) than most countries.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190620100005.htm

If a carbon tax is proposed and the military is exempt from it you will know it is a scam.
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '19 14:36
    @metal-brain said
    Research shows the US military is one of the largest climate polluters in history, consuming more liquid fuels and emitting more CO2e (carbon-dioxide equivalent) than most countries.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/06/190620100005.htm

If a carbon tax is proposed and the military is exempt from it you will know it is a scam.
    I agree. I think gov'ts who are serious about it have started with their own programs. For example, upgrading the energy efficiency of government buildings reduce it's carbon footprint. Makes sense to make some simple changes. While we're still spending vast sums of money to build them (for some weird reason), we don't really use tanks anymore so that probably goes a long way to reducing emissions.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Aug '19 15:37
    @Metal-Brain
    And it would make ZERO difference to you if EVERY climate scientist stood up in one voice of alarmism, you would just go, nope, you are all wrong.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '19 04:09
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    And it would make ZERO difference to you if EVERY climate scientist stood up in one voice of alarmism, you would just go, nope, you are all wrong.
    You could get all climate scientists in one room? You have not even counted how many there are, let alone polled them all.

All you have to do is support a poll of the majority of climate scientists instead of a minority. Why don't you?
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    12 Aug '19 10:042 edits
    @Metal-Brain

Show us a poll or any type of evidence to indicate that most climate scientists probably don't think there is man made global warming.
    If you cannot then you have no argument as all the most relevant evidence we have up to date indicates the contrary.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '19 16:45
    @humy said
    @Metal-Brain

Show us a poll or any type of evidence to indicate that most climate scientists probably don't think there is man made global warming.
    If you cannot then you have no argument as all the most relevant evidence we have up to date indicates the contrary.
    Show us a study that takes a poll of a majority of climate scientists. If you cannot you only have a minority that agrees with you, not a majority.
    Why don't you want a poll of the majority? If you are confident they will agree with you it just stands to reason that you would be all for it. What are you afraid of?
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Aug '19 16:52
    @metal-brain said
    Show us a study that takes a poll of a majority of climate scientists. If you cannot you only have a minority that agrees with you, not a majority.
    Why don't you want a poll of the majority? If you are confident they will agree with you it just stands to reason that you would be all for it. What are you afraid of?
    Just look at the literature that is published on the subject in peer-reviewed journals. It tells you everything you need to know about what the experts think.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '19 17:00
    @wildgrass said
    Just look at the literature that is published on the subject in peer-reviewed journals. It tells you everything you need to know about what the experts think.
    No it doesn't. It tells you who gets the most funding, not what a majority of climate scientist's opinions are.

Why don't you support a poll of the majority of climate scientists? What are you afraid of?
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    12 Aug '19 17:5715 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Show us a study that takes a poll of a majority of climate scientists.
    You evading my question only shows all of us here you have no answer; and we all know why. But I won't evade yours; We have been here before; I don't need to show such a poll because the way nearly all valid polls work is nearly always not to poll the majority of individuals within the target population (else that would usually make them totally impractical if not impossible) but to, randomly as is practical, poll some arbitrarily large number (say, 500) of individuals within of the target population so that there is an arbitrary high probably that the answers they give will reflect the opinions of the whole of the target population within some arbitrary margin of error (such as, say, correct within just 2% ).
    If you know the first thing about how statistical analysis works you would have already known this; unless you are just pretending to be completely ignorant and confused just to evade my question?
    If you deny this and moronically insist the nonsense that one cannot know what the majority of climate scientists very likely think unless its a poll of the majority of individual climate scientists, then since no such poll exists or can exist, how do YOU know what the majority of climate scientists think? What is YOUR source of information that the majority of climate scientists do NOT think there is man made global warming?
    -We all know why you will not answer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree