1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 19:45
    @metal-brain said
    It is almost all naturally caused. Sea level has been rising for over 200 years. Even the sea level data that goes back the farthest shows rise and that was before automobiles were mass produced. Obviously from natural causes.

There is nothing you can do about it. A carbon tax would do nothing. Sea level rise is so slow it isn't a problem. We can easily adapt to it. Nothing to worry about.
    Well the way greed in the world goes now, certainly nothing substantial will be done. BTW, even if we prove mankind is not the main driver of PRESENT climate change, there are technological steps we CAN take to mitigate the affects of such change like launching clouds in space that lessen the amount of sunlight reaching Earth or if we are headed to an ice age, launching trillions of mirrors to INCREASE the amount of sunlight hitting Earth, heating it up.

We THEORETICALLY can do just that IF we have the political will to do such, regardless of the cause of climate change.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '19 06:17
    @sonhouse said
    Well the way greed in the world goes now, certainly nothing substantial will be done. BTW, even if we prove mankind is not the main driver of PRESENT climate change, there are technological steps we CAN take to mitigate the affects of such change like launching clouds in space that lessen the amount of sunlight reaching Earth or if we are headed to an ice age, launching tri ...[text shortened]... an do just that IF we have the political will to do such, regardless of the cause of climate change.
    https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/the_next_ice_age.html
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 05:39
    @metal-brain said
    Keep in mind we are looking for a graph, not pages of numbers.
    Gee ... I wonder where graphs come from .....
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 16:31
    @wolfgang59 said
    I know, Trump Scientists......
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Jan '19 21:34
    @wolfgang59 said
    Why would I want to build a graph from scratch when it has already been done? Do you like to do needless work?
    The numbers are there for you if you want them.

It is as if you are trying to score cheap points by being captain obvious. You are not very clever.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 09:07
    Here is Nasa's own sea level rise graph that goes back to 1880.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Compare this graph to CO2 levels and estimate how much sea level rise has accelerated because of it. This is not rocket science. Basic math is all that is required.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 10:37
    @metal-brain said
    Basic math is all that is required.

Your basic and my basic probably differ.
  8. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 11:23
    @wolfgang59 said

Basically.

Most variable baselines require vacillatory attenuation and compensation.

Didn't that make me sound smart? 😁
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Feb '19 13:30
    @wolfgang59 said

Did that graph indicate anything alarming?
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 07:28
    @metal-brain said
    Did that graph indicate anything alarming?
    Seeing the general trend is not about trying to find something "alarming", moron.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 08:01
    @humy said
    Seeing the general trend is not about trying to find something "alarming", moron.
    How is the trend changing and by how much? You have good math skills. What is your estimate?
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 10:522 edits
    @metal-brain said
    how much?
    Irrelevant. What has this got to do with whether there is a warming trend? Or the fact that, and contrary to what you implied, seeing the general trend is not about trying to find something "alarming" (your usual stupid straw man) ?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 15:08
    @humy said
    Irrelevant. What has this got to do with whether there is a warming trend? Or the fact that, and contrary to what you implied, seeing the general trend is not about trying to find something "alarming" (your usual stupid straw man) ?
    Irrelevant? LOL!

Then global warming theory is irrelevant. If you don't like what sea levels indicate it must be because you cannot find anything that will prove you right. I will always wonder why people would rather remain in an illogical state of panic.

There is nothing to panic over. That would comfort most people, but you are more concerned with your ego to be relieved.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 15:231 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    Global warming is not a theory. It is happening and whether you like it or not, is mainly caused by humans, we can't continue to poop in our own back yards and not pay the price. You seem to be able to ignore the fact we as humans are right now using up 50% of the world's natural resources and yet you consider humans to be way too insignificant to be causing any kind of climate shift on Earth.
    With near 8 BILLION of us, we in fact ARE causing temperatures to rise and it has been proven time and time again CO2 and other greenhouse gasses raises temps, like Methane which is a much worse contributor to climate change but fortunately short lived.
    Those are facts you rail against and that based on 90 year old dudes who did their work in the 1950's.
    It is YOU stuck back in the 20th century while the real world of science goes on in spite of your objections.

It is also people like you causing our present insane POTUS to buy into the idea of climate change deniers like citing how cold it was in the latest polar vortex like that just happened here in the US. Or some assswipe congressman bringing in a hand full of snow and showing how that proves there is no climate change.
    This is a politically charged issue that is either dealt with by science, such as CO2 sequestration and the like or we are screwed and we will NOT just blithely adapt.

It is already happening, and you have your nose stuck firmly up your ass hiding out in your intellectual hideaway.

Here is a new twist on all this you will undoubtedly just debase like you all the other indicators.

https://phys.org/news/2019-02-undersea-gases-superheat-planet.html
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Feb '19 16:411 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Global warming is not a theory. It is happening and whether you like it or not, is mainly caused by humans, we can't continue to poop in our own back yards and not pay the price. You seem to be able to ignore the fact we as humans are right now using up 50% of the world's natural resources and yet you consider humans to be way too insignificant to be causing a ...[text shortened]... you all the other indicators.

https://phys.org/news/2019-02-undersea-gases-superheat-planet.html
    Global warming theory is the theory that CO2 increase in the atmosphere is causing global warming. That is a theory and nothing more. We already know global warming is happening. It has been happening for over 200 years.

You claim it is mainly caused by humans, but where is the proof? Show me where sea level rise is caused by CO2 increase. If you cannot do that you are simply repeating gossip.

The whole point to this thread is to give you and other alarmists the chance to prove AGW using sea level rise. Why can't you do that? All you do is repeat gossip to avoid proving your case. You are not impressing anyone. You are doing mindless trolling and nothing more.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree