1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 03:11
    https://scitechdaily.com/profound-discovery-on-origins-of-life-on-earth-evolution-of-metal-binding-proteins/

Solid science work, kudos!
  2. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 05:461 edit
    Very interesting 🤔
    My favorite metal definitely did not have anything to do with it.

Silver is a well-documented antimicrobial, that has been shown to kill bacteria, fungi and certain viruses. It is the positively charged silver ions (Ag+) that possess the antimicrobial effect. Silver ions target microorganisms through several different modes of action.

Copper is abundant and it grows green crap on it so maybe it was Copper? 🤷
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 08:20
    @Contenchess
    Copper has antibacterial and anti virus activity. Hospitals should be making all the bathroom sinks and faucets and handicap hand holds and such but they are now mostly stainless steel which has no bio effects.
  4. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 18:03
    @sonhouse

I didn't know copper was like that 🤔
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 18:41
    @Contenchess
    You know, when I was a kid my dad got some infection in his arm and the doc powdered it with a small amount of literal powdered gold.
    That seems to have stopped the germs there. That was some 50 years ago so don't know what ever happened with that technique or if it was just a scam.
  6. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 23:46
    @sonhouse

If you said silver I would have believed it works but gold?

I'll go check Google...
  7. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 23:491 edit
    Apparently it does...🤔

"Gold, in both nanoparticle (AuNPs) and ionic forms, has been studied for antibiotic activities. Some of the organic complexes of Au (I & III) ions are antibacterial. AuNPs are antifungal, but with conflicting results on their antibacterial activity."

"Gold nanoparticles have photothermal effects, and modified gold nanoparticles can be a good medium for photothermal treatments to kill bacteria. By adding functionally modified gold nanoparticles, many materials can obtain much needed antibacterial properties."

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a12986/to-kill-superbacteria-bring-on-the-bling-16988989/
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:09
    @Contenchess
    I wonder what Ionic forms are?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree