1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Mar '20 23:521 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... it was the Bilderberg's or IMF or Italian Mafia or Falun Gong or Antifa or the Tri-Lateral Comission or the Council on Foreign Relations or any number of the "Secret Societies" like Skull and Bones, Freemasons or Illuminati.

Crackpots have ready-made conspiracies to order these days.

But: Don't get vaccinated; reduce the carbon footprint or drink unbottled water.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076334/coronavirus-strange-pneumonia-seen-lombardy-november-leading?fbclid=IwAR2HE8apkFt1RX3C-QjKaeyHUeN7iyVvFxhsNHRyoxx8yNkHr205igcQRf8

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.”

― Prince Philip
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 16:33
    @metal-brain said
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076334/coronavirus-strange-pneumonia-seen-lombardy-november-leading?fbclid=IwAR2HE8apkFt1RX3C-QjKaeyHUeN7iyVvFxhsNHRyoxx8yNkHr205igcQRf8

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.”

― Prince Philip
    That article is chock full of speculation. It also does not contain the quotation you've attributed to Prince Phillip.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 23:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 04:50
    @Duchess64
    How could C19 get to Italy before the first cases were reported in China in December?
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 09:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    We see what you did there.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 14:291 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Duchess64
    How could C19 get to Italy before the first cases were reported in China in December?
    There's a one to two week incubation period and most cases are either mild or asymptomatic. The Chinese had to recognize the presence of the Corona virus, a case is a person who has been diagnosed with the disease and it's entirely plausible that the disease had started spreading in Italy before the Chinese had registered that there was a problem.

Edit: The first confirmed case in China presented on the 1st of December. There's a possible case from the 17th of November [1]. Given the level of globalisation the first infections in Italy can have been occurring early in December or late in November. I don't think the timing of the outbreak in Italy can be seen as evidence that the outbreak did not originate in Hubei.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019-20_coronavirus_pandemic_in_mainland_China#Mysterious_pneumonia_outbreak
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 14:57
    @DeepThought
    So you are saying it still originated In China and was in Italy before anyone, even the Chinese, knew what was going on?
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 15:26
    @sonhouse said
    @DeepThought
    So you are saying it still originated In China and was in Italy before anyone, even the Chinese, knew what was going on?
    The virus spreads like wild fire. One would have to explain why the epidemic was unnoticed in Italy while people were dying of it in China. It really is the most parsimonious explanation. I edited my last post, the addition's relevant here.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 15:377 edits
    Since the epidemic was noticed in China first, it would seem that the most rational default assumption for one to make is that it probably started in China first until if or when one has good evidence or is given good reason to think otherwise, such as a confirmed case of it outside of China before it was noticed in China etc.
    I would not rule out the possibility of the existence of such good evidence or is given good reason to think otherwise, but, so far I haven't personally seen any such good evidence or given any good reason to think otherwise so, until if or when that happens, I will continue to think it probably started in China.
    Does anyone here think I am in some way wrong for doing that and, if so, can they explain to me why so?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 17:141 edit

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 17:23

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 17:281 edit

13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 00:28
    @humy said
    Since the epidemic was noticed in China first, it would seem that the most rational default assumption for one to make is that it probably started in China first until if or when one has good evidence or is given good reason to think otherwise, such as a confirmed case of it outside of China before it was noticed in China etc.
    I would not rule out the possibility of the existe ...[text shortened]... s anyone here think I am in some way wrong for doing that and, if so, can they explain to me why so?
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/01/wuhan-seafood-market-may-not-be-source-novel-virus-spreading-globally?fbclid=IwAR2FQ-21Q6NMvhnWXl_o0iyJmKdfoe5_feLe-Gny7tTlfjQBJdZuubaGaWc

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076334/coronavirus-strange-pneumonia-seen-lombardy-november-leading?fbclid=IwAR2cOHHXx1orKgKHEl2jW4f8WMzDjOU837bSE7GWmlC4LnkyJsJxSTPEo48

It is not clear where it started. It could have started here in the states last fall and the deaths were blamed on the flu. Here in Michigan the use of tests revealed lots of cases. I suspect the more testing that is done the more cases will be revealed.

The big question is this:
    Was the virus already here for months and testing simply revealed an ongoing pandemic or was it a very fast spreading of the disease? I doubt it spread that fast. I think it was already here and people thought it was a bad chest cold or flu. The absence of tests made it impossible to detect last fall.

Governments often suppress the existence of a deadly virus giving them problems. During the 1918 flu pandemic Spain was one of the few nations that didn't pretend it wasn't a problem. Perhaps my government knew it was a problem last fall and pretended it didn't exist until they exported it to claim it started elsewhere.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 01:17
    @metal-brain said
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/01/wuhan-seafood-market-may-not-be-source-novel-virus-spreading-globally?fbclid=IwAR2FQ-21Q6NMvhnWXl_o0iyJmKdfoe5_feLe-Gny7tTlfjQBJdZuubaGaWc

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076334/coronavirus-strange-pneumonia-seen-lombardy-november-leading?fbclid=IwAR2cOHHXx1orKgKHEl2jW4f8WMzDjOU837bSE7GWmlC4LnkyJsJxSTPEo48

It ...[text shortened]... roblem last fall and pretended it didn't exist until they exported it to claim it started elsewhere.
    I know I'm going to regret asking this, but I'm going to anyway. Why would the US government wish to pretend that a disease originating in their country started in China?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '20 08:12
    @deepthought said
    I know I'm going to regret asking this, but I'm going to anyway. Why would the US government wish to pretend that a disease originating in their country started in China?
    https://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/health/fort-detrick-lab-shut-down-after-failed-safety-inspection-all/article_767f3459-59c2-510f-9067-bb215db4396d.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree