1. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '21 23:19
    @bunnyknight said
    I don't think anyone knows the exact maximum planet size or mass. The thing with massive planets is that their strong gravity attracts gas, and they eventually puff up like a giant fluffy pillow, so it's impossible to see how big the solid part actually is.
    "Strong gravity makes me gassy" would be a heck of a bumper sticker.
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    16 Dec '21 02:04
    @wildgrass said
    "Strong gravity makes me gassy" would be a heck of a bumper sticker.
    Reminds me of something I saw written on a restroom wall one time:

"There's no such thing as gravity. The Earth sucks!"
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    17 Dec '21 05:00
    @bunnyknight said
    I like iron. I think iron is cool. I once got to touch this big 10 ton meteorite with my bare hands; it resembled Swiss cheese and was the most beautiful piece of pure iron I've ever seen.
    Hayden Planetarium, NYC?
  4. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Dec '21 04:16
    @jimm619 said
    Hayden Planetarium, NYC?
    Wow, good guess.

But I'm not sure that the meteorite they have now is the same one I saw decades ago. It does look similar but not exactly as I remember. Mine seemed smaller, nicer and even cooler, plus the exhibit room, the orientation and the placement have totally changed.
    Anyway, when I knocked on it I nearly broke my knuckles yet it made no sound - that's how massive it was.
    And realizing that it may be billions of years old made my fur stand up in terror - imagine some 4 billion year old alien super-predator-microbe jumping into my hand .......
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '21 01:55
    @bunnyknight
    You sure you haven't gotten those big ugly shiny balls from getting the shot like Minaj's buddy?🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree