1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 13:05
    @humy said
    No. I expect you to continue to think you know things you don't.
    Did you know cows have no upper teeth? Did you know female cows without bulls in the herd will hump each other?

I don't expect you to know everything. Why would you want to know everything? Ignorance is bliss. Right?

https://www.newstatesman.com/society/2010/12/british-eugenics-disabled
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 19:17
    @humy said
    No. I expect you to continue to think you know things you don't.
    There are more people in this thread about whom that could be said, and accurately.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 22:41
    @shallow-blue said
    There are more people in this thread about whom that could be said, and accurately.
    There are a bunch here who really know what they are talking about. Humy, Deep Thought, Ponderable, come to mind. I know quite a bit myself but don't have a degree, I got my knowledge the hard way.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 11:46
    @sonhouse said
    There are a bunch here who really know what they are talking about. Humy, Deep Thought, Ponderable, come to mind. I know quite a bit myself but don't have a degree, I got my knowledge the hard way.
    So only your fellow global warming alarmists know what they are talking about. Why am I not surprised?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 13:21
    @metal-brain said
    So only your fellow global warming alarmists know what they are talking about. Why am I not surprised?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink
    Where was it in my words on that post that talked about climate change alarmists? I SAID those folks know what they are talking about IN GENERAL, not just for climate change.
    You are so obsessed with it you can't think of any other scientific area of interest, like openly scoffing at the recent black hole image like you are some kind of science pundit with the street cred able to make pronouncements like you did as if you were an authority to be able to dis entire science disciplines.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 14:41
    @sonhouse said
    Where was it in my words on that post that talked about climate change alarmists? I SAID those folks know what they are talking about IN GENERAL, not just for climate change.
    You are so obsessed with it you can't think of any other scientific area of interest, like openly scoffing at the recent black hole image like you are some kind of science pundit with the street cred ...[text shortened]... ronouncements like you did as if you were an authority to be able to dis entire science disciplines.
    " I SAID those folks know what they are talking about IN GENERAL, not just for climate change."

So do I....in general. I have a very good understanding of economics, politics, and science...... in general. You just think like minded equates to more knowledgeable, but it doesn't.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 15:101 edit
    @metal-brain said
    " I SAID those folks know what they are talking about IN GENERAL, not just for climate change."

So do I....in general. I have a very good understanding of economics, politics, and science...... in general. You just think like minded equates to more knowledgeable, but it doesn't.
    What training have you had in any of those disciplines? At least it sounds like in politics you are not buying the lies of Trump. That is a good sign.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 11:42
    @sonhouse said
    What training have you had in any of those disciplines? At least it sounds like in politics you are not buying the lies of Trump. That is a good sign.
    Training equates knowledge? This is the internet age, dude. Anybody can gain knowledge on their own. If you disagree with me about something then prove me wrong. If you cannot do that you need more training.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 12:161 edit
    @metal-brain said
    This is the internet age, dude. Anybody can gain knowledge on their own.
    Sadly, as your case proves, this can include false knowledge, as in falsehoods, misunderstandings and delusional beliefs.
    To gain from the internet true knowledge, as in not falsehoods, you need to both have and use your own brain. Even then, since you have far less science credentials than us, you cannot validly claim to understand science as well as let alone better than us real science experts.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 13:581 edit
    @humy said
    Sadly, as your case proves, this can include false knowledge, as in falsehoods, misunderstandings and delusional beliefs.
    To gain from the internet true knowledge, as in not falsehoods, you need to both have and use your own brain. Even then, since you have far less science credentials than us, you cannot validly claim to understand science as well as let alone better than us real science experts.
    There you go again making false assertions. If I ever state a falsehood all you have to do is prove it is false. Why are you having such difficulty doing that if it is me who is wrong?

I learned a lot from reading books by Richard Feynman, Lee Smolin and others. Anybody can learn physics on their own from the following website.

http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/

Are you going to claim Feymen's lectures contain too many falsehoods? I didn't think so. Maybe if you read up on Feyman's lectures you would do as well as me. It is not my fault you lack the necessary knowledge to impress others. Read up!
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 14:42
    So Feynman was an expert on superconductivity? @Metal-Brain
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 15:271 edit
    @sonhouse said
    So Feynman was an expert on superconductivity? @Metal-Brain
    What does that have to do with anything?

You were being a condescending dick to someone who commented on this thread. That is why I commented on this thread and it was about diamonds conducting heat better than silver. It was an easy mistake for him to make. There is usually a correlation between good electric conductors and heat conduction. Diamonds are a unique exception and deepthought was a good chap and explained why without being condescending like you and humy like to do when you didn't bathe that day or something. Maybe you guys should wash your hands before posting on this forum. There is a reason Saddam Hussein asked the jury to wash their hands before they judged him. People judge others harshly when they feel dirty.

BTW, what did he do to you?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 15:49
    @metal-brain said
    What does that have to do with anything?

You were being a condescending dick to someone who commented on this thread. That is why I commented on this thread and it was about diamonds conducting heat better than silver. It was an easy mistake for him to make. There is usually a correlation between good electric conductors and heat conduction. Diamonds are a unique exce ...[text shortened]... e they judged him. People judge others harshly when they feel dirty.

BTW, what did he do to you?
    This post is about a new kind of superconductor and you cited Feynman, a respected genius for sure, but he would know exactly zero about this new kind of superconductivity, so citing him doesn't help us learn what is going on.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 16:00
    @sonhouse said
    This post is about a new kind of superconductor and you cited Feynman, a respected genius for sure, but he would know exactly zero about this new kind of superconductivity, so citing him doesn't help us learn what is going on.
    Never suggested it did.
    Being a condescending jerk to some guy that never disrespected you doesn't help. Did it make you feel better?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Apr '19 18:401 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Never suggested it did.
    Being a condescending jerk to some guy that never disrespected you doesn't help. Did it make you feel better?
    Sorry, a bit chaotic here at work, a bunch of machines down and we are running around like the proverbial chicken with head cut off. Didn't mean to be condescending. We had a wire bonder that developed two separate sensor problems. Been on the phone with the experts and I finally traced them out, had to trick both of the dam things to get the bonder back in operation. Everyone happy for that now. Next thing are two bad roughing pumps, heavy fukkers, tomorrow Standard Vacuum out on Long Island are coming in with replacements and then there was the down spinner coater, it had a separate vacuum problem I had to fix. Other than that it was a normal day.....
    I was typing between working on machines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree