1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jul '21 20:451 edit
    Seems to me that this study finds that natural immunity due to recovering from infection is a stronger immunity than vaccine:

In the case of the Beta variant, this form of SARS-CoV-2 was best neutralized by Natural Infection 2020 and 2021 sera with higher NAb titer levels. Although the Delta variant was neutralized well by Natural Infection 2020 and 2021 sera, levels of NAb titers were much lower when compared with the Alpha and Beta variants.

In summary, the results of the current study indicate that NAb titers elicited by CoronaVac are much lower when compared to natural infection.

https://www.news-medical.net/amp/news/20210719/Thai-study-looks-at-CoronaVac-vaccine-vs-natural-immunity-to-SARS-COV-2-variants.aspx
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 07:44
    @eladar said
    Seems to me that this study finds that natural immunity due to recovering from infection is a stronger immunity than vaccine:

In the case of the Beta variant, this form of SARS-CoV-2 was best neutralized by Natural Infection 2020 and 2021 sera with higher NAb titer levels. Although the Delta variant was neutralized well by Natural Infection 2020 and 2021 sera, levels of NAb ...[text shortened]... /news/20210719/Thai-study-looks-at-CoronaVac-vaccine-vs-natural-immunity-to-SARS-COV-2-variants.aspx
    As long as you survive long enough to develop exposure based immunity and you do not develop any of the other long term complications from covid infection.
    Is your point that we should go to covid parties instead of getting vaccinated?
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 08:04
    An aside: the study related only to CoronaVac, made by Sinopharm. I don't believe its findings can be expected to apply to all the multiple types of vaccine already in use, let alone any future modifications.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 12:06
    @kevcvs57 said
    As long as you survive long enough to develop exposure based immunity and you do not develop any of the other long term complications from covid infection.
    Is your point that we should go to covid parties instead of getting vaccinated?
    What percentage of covid cases result in death? How about a percentage for a 35 year old?

Do you know the answer to this question? Or is your opinion based on ignorance?
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 14:40
    @eladar said
    What percentage of covid cases result in death? How about a percentage for a 35 year old?

Do you know the answer to this question? Or is your opinion based on ignorance?
    97% of covid deaths in the Us are among the UNVACCINATED.
    You’ve lost over half a million to COVID and that does not include those that survive with life changing conditions. Stop cowering behind percentages and spare a thought for the actual victims and their loved ones.
    VACCINATION CUTS THE FATALITY RATE BY 97% there’s a percentage for you to think about
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 14:43
    @kevcvs57 said
    97% of covid deaths in the Us are among the UNVACCINATED.
    You’ve lost over half a million to COVID and that does not include those that survive with life changing conditions. Stop cowering behind percentages and spare a thought for the actual victims and their loved ones.
    VACCINATION CUTS THE FATALITY RATE BY 97% there’s a percentage for you to think about
    Tell me, how many 35 year olds have died from COVID in the US.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 15:13
    @eladar said
    Tell me, how many 35 year olds have died from COVID in the US.
    Are you 35 I’d have put you as much older why is that age important to you and why do you keep asking a Brit about US figures.
    A) do your own research and
    B) why is this figure important to you
    Regardless of any disparity by age in the death figures this disease running unchecked in any age group is much more likely to generate a variant that can evade whatever vaccines are on the go. The only way to eradicate or even control this virus is to give it nowhere to hide by vaccinating every age group.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 15:42
    @kevcvs57 said
    Are you 35 I’d have put you as much older why is that age important to you and why do you keep asking a Brit about US figures.
    A) do your own research and
    B) why is this figure important to you
    Regardless of any disparity by age in the death figures this disease running unchecked in any age group is much more likely to generate a variant that can evade whatever vaccines ...[text shortened]... o eradicate or even control this virus is to give it nowhere to hide by vaccinating every age group.
    Age is important so that you can see how stupid all of this covid lock-down has been.

But you are ignorant so are clueless.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '21 16:07
    @Eladar
    Talk about clueless. You are POSTER BOY for clueless.

AND zero empathy. You really need professional psychological help.
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 03:32
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar

You mean one of these shrinks? https://adinakutnicki.com/tag/psycho-shrink-fuels-murder/
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 17:28
    @kquinn909 said
    You mean one of these shrinks? https://adinakutnicki.com/tag/psycho-shrink-fuels-murder/
    Oh look, we've got a Xenuphobe.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 17:48
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar

Name calling instead of making your case with facts about 35 year olds and covid.

Name calling and attempting to marginalize is all you have got. Typical
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 18:36
    @Eladar
    We have gone over this vaccine deal a hundred times over and you refuse to believe anything we say.

THAT is pathological stubborness. It is clear when you are as pathological as you, deny is all you have. You do really need professional help.
    That is not name calling. That is my opinion. You really need help. You are stuck in Trump land even though we are getting close to PROVING Trump is a criminal.
    You cannot EVER accept that since you are a card carrying Trump cultist.

THAT is why I say you need help to overcome your Trumpite programming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree