1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    24 Sep '21 15:031 edit
    https://scitechdaily.com/physicists-solve-a-perplexing-nano-scale-mystery-that-could-help-prevent-overheating-in-electronics/
    Important discovery for all your home projects..
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Sep '21 05:14
    @ogb
    There are technologies being worked out that eliminates the heat at the source, one such called Spintronics, that is where the up/down 'spin' of electrons (they don't really spin, more like color filters sliding in place giving the elusion of spin.
    Anyway if you can control that spin, you can make transistors, gates, amps, differentiators, filters, all using ten thousand times less energy AND about 10 times faster.

Then there is the work done on optical transistors.

That technology also near eliminates heat and is some 1000 times faster than silicon or the best semiconductors.

Just a matter of time now before a laptop will have the power of a supercomputer of today.

Then there is the push to develop one MILLION qubit computers.

Right now qubits for computers and clumsy and have to be cooled to within a hair's breadth of zero degrees Kelvin.

And the most I have heard of, tying qubits together is like maybe ten or so, enough to prove the concept but not near enough to supplant modern supercomputers, now closing in on Exaflop performance.

But my take is this: I think when quantum computers get working like the technology suggests, they will combine the best of that future day standard computers, by that time, probably running a thousand Exabyte/second combined with quantum, each one doing what it does best and coming up with answers both deeper and faster than either one could on its own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree