1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jul '21 15:46
    @Rajk999
    And if you believe that crap I have a GREAT bridge for sale right here in Manhattan......
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jul '21 16:57
    @sonhouse said
    @Rajk999
    And if you believe that crap I have a GREAT bridge for sale right here in Manhattan......
    Cool, was looking around for one. How much. Send an invoice.
  3. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    05 Jul '21 19:16
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That's the whole point -- human evolution was way too short to be natural, which means it was not natural.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    16 Jul '21 13:28
    @bunnyknight said
    That's the whole point -- human evolution was way too short to be natural, which means it was not natural.
    So hominids had time to evolve into Neanderthals but not us?
    Or were the Neanderthals early models later discarded by our alien / god creators?
  5. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 04:09
    @kevcvs57 said
    So hominids had time to evolve into Neanderthals but not us?
    Or were the Neanderthals early models later discarded by our alien / god creators?
    Neanderthals had a much longer time to evolve than modern humans, but then again, how do we know for sure that even Neanderthals weren't a product of some genetic tinkering? And when modern humans popped onto the stage they most likely drove Neanderthals to extinction.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 08:30
    @bunnyknight

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35595661
  7. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    20 Jul '21 04:30
    @metal-brain said
    @bunnyknight

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35595661
    "Traces of human DNA found in a Neanderthal genome suggest that we started mixing with our now-extinct relatives 100,000 years ago."

It's already known that over 90% of human DNA also exists in apes and monkeys, so basic logic dictates that their statement is kind-of sloppy and somewhat pointless, don't you think? Another words, you can probably find traces of human DNA in a squirrel.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '21 03:11
    @bunnyknight said
    "Traces of human DNA found in a Neanderthal genome suggest that we started mixing with our now-extinct relatives 100,000 years ago."

It's already known that over 90% of human DNA also exists in apes and monkeys, so basic logic dictates that their statement is kind-of sloppy and somewhat pointless, don't you think? Another words, you can probably find traces of human DNA in a squirrel.
    DNA, not human DNA.
    Human DNA is DNA that is distinctly human. We all share DNA to other life forms on earth. When life evolves it does not erase DNA critical to the process of life. It builds on it.
  9. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 18:54
    @metal-brain said
    DNA, not human DNA.
    Human DNA is DNA that is distinctly human. We all share DNA to other life forms on earth. When life evolves it does not erase DNA critical to the process of life. It builds on it.
    Your point is valid, however, if traces of modern human DNA were truly found 100,000 yrs ago, I still wouldn't jump to any hasty conclusions. 100,000 yrs would make no difference to the implausibility of natural human evolution. Also, it could simply be that Neanderthals were an earlier genetic experiment using that same 'human' DNA.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    25 Jul '21 19:22
    @bunnyknight said

If so. I suspect it would be very faint.
    I like to think of evolution as a giant tree.
    Although everything evolved from the primordial soup,over Millennia,different species have followed different branches of the evolutionary tree evolving in their own way until eventually coming to a stop.
    For example crocodiles haven't "evolved" for many years .
    The homo sapien branch is probably still growing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree