This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 01:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    This is the first I heard of it. Thank you for the information.
  5. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 10:20

6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 14:591 edit
    @kellyjay said
    This is the first I heard of it. Thank you for the information.
    Which is why I keep telling you to go to phys.org and read about the new developments in science, they posted the story from beginning to end. And there are many such sites but that is my go to site for what is new in science.
    Now word is they will not try to do a repeat which is too bad.
    It appears they know why it failed and a repeat could put them in the history books but that is that apparently.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 18:02
    @sonhouse said
    Which is why I keep telling you to go to phys.org and read about the new developments in science, they posted the story from beginning to end. And there are many such sites but that is my go to site for what is new in science.
    It appears they know why it failed and a repeat could put them in the history books but that is that apparently.
    I book marked it and will start reading there.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 10:20
    @sonhouse said
    Except that Phyzzog is on about the level of Buzzfeed. Better find a real science site if you want reliable reporting. The Register would be a decent start.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 19:12
    @shallow-blue said
    Except that Phyzzog is on about the level of Buzzfeed. Better find a real science site if you want reliable reporting. The Register would be a decent start.
    I hear what you are saying, There are some real boners written but there are a lot of different fields covered and if I find something I want to know more about, I go to the listed source.
    Is your site the register 'The Register.com' or some such? Also, where did you find out about that site?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 22:20
    @lemondrop said
    @Duchess64
    are we supposed to clap now?
    No, we're supposed to shake our heads at the failure of the West to accomplish what the Chinese did.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 00:36
    @athousandyoung said
    No, we're supposed to shake our heads at the failure of the West to accomplish what the Chinese did.
    What the Chinese did? You mean put a rover on the back side of the moon, a mere half century after NASA had people walking on it?
    That is not to dis Chinese science, but they had a lot to catch up on and they used every trick in the book to do it.
    If it was shown to be easier to steal a patent than do the groundwork yourself, they would do that.
    I imagine D64 starting another anti Sonhouse tirade for me daring to criticize the Chinese in any way.
    Sure, Chinese science has come a long way and such but it was up to the US to actually put people on the moon and that will NEVER be lost to history.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 01:105 edits

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 06:46

14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 13:451 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I figured you would put in a punch and I was not sneering. It is well known the Chinese go after technology any way they can get it and I said I wasn't dissing Chinese science, but acknowledging the Chinese use of industrial espionage.
    You may want to deny anything bad the Chinese government do but you need to open your eyes to the fact the Chinese are no altruists.
    You perhaps remember the million plus Chinese Muslims held in camps as we speak? And of course you will come back with the horrible conditions of the kids on the US border which is a legitimate complaint, I have written about that issue myself but a MILLION held in 're-education' camps V a few thousand in US camps? Only a mere 3 orders of magnitude different.
    I would like to see what words led you to think I was 'sneering' at the Chinese and I am fully aware of the German influence on US space technology. But of course with you, I am wrong no matter what I say or how I say it which is why you don't see me responding to you much any more.
    Thousand may be a racist but it does nobody any good to keep prefacing your tirades with 'the lying racist' this or the American toady that. You don't seem to get it that to keep up with the pejoratives nearly every time you post negatively effects your perceived credibility in spite of your obvious intelligence and knowledge.
    But of course what I say won't effect you at all will it?
    So tell me what words I just used are an attack on your being, I'm sure you can and will show me.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '19 19:261 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree