1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 05:50
    @metal-brain said
    http://www.briangreene.org/portfolio/light-falls/

Brian said "that tiny time warp is why things fall. Objects do not want to age. The math shows things are drawn to locations where time elapses more slowly."

Yep, that is time dilation alright. Greene is a professor of physics at Columbia University and has written many bestselling physics books.

Perhaps somebody ...[text shortened]... ll him to prove it. Greene did not get anything wrong in his statement above. It is the basis of GR.
    The words: "time dilation" are a piece of jargon. They have a technical meaning. One which you seem to want to ignore. Since you are using the term do you want to give us a concise description of what you think the phrase "time dilation" means?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 07:211 edit
    @deepthought said
    The words: "time dilation" are a piece of jargon. They have a technical meaning. One which you seem to want to ignore. Since you are using the term do you want to give us a concise description of what you think the phrase "time dilation" means?
    Nope. Time dilation from matter. This is not the first time I was specific.

I realize digressing into velocity to avoid matter is a convenient way to evade the question "why do things fall?", but I will not stop asking you the question until you answer it or admit Greene was being literal and deliberate in what he said and that he is right.

Your story about Greene being right and wrong at the same time is the jargon, not time dilation. You need to explain your position, not deflect and explain nothing.

Why do things fall?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 14:35
    @metal-brain said

I realize digressing into velocity to avoid matter is a convenient way to evade the question "why do things fall?", but I will not stop asking you the question until you answer it or admit Greene was being literal and deliberate in what he said and that he is right.

Your story about Greene ...[text shortened]... ilation. You need to explain your position, not deflect and explain nothing.

Why do things fall?
    I said I did not like the way he explained it, I did not say he was wrong. Your use of the word jargon here indicates you do not know what the word means. You have refused to say what you think time dilation is. State clearly and concisely what you think these words mean.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 20:30
    @deepthought said
    I said I did not like the way he explained it, I did not say he was wrong. Your use of the word jargon here indicates you do not know what the word means. You have refused to say what you think time dilation is. State clearly and concisely what you think these words mean.

Why didn't you like the way he explained it? Either he is right or wrong, which one is it that you claim? If there is a flaw in the way he explained it then by all means clarify what the truth is. The floor is yours. Tell us what you mean. Nobody is stopping you. We are all ears.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 Jun '19 20:381 edit
    @metal-brain said
    We are all ears
    Not for the answers to your stupid questions. You have the arrogant delusion that there are actually some people here on your side; NONE of us are.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 06:06
    @humy said
    Not for the answers to your stupid questions. You have the arrogant delusion that there are actually some people here on your side; NONE of us are.
    You are a liar. You do not speak for everyone. You are not "us".

I ask good questions that I have already answered. The fact that none of you can offer another explanation says a lot. Greene is right. You are wrong.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 06:135 edits
    @metal-brain said
    I didn't say I "speak for everyone". I said the words "people here" as in the posters here other than you and nothing I said there implied we are in total agreement with everything. We are not in total agreement with everything, only that we all disagree with you on certain things not all things and I never implied anything more than that.
    Name just one poster here that has shown agreement with you that "time dilation IS gravity" even in special relativity ...
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 06:54
    @humy said
    I didn't say I "speak for everyone". I said the words "people here" as in the posters here other than you and nothing I said there implied we are in total agreement with everything. We are not in total agreement with everything, only that we all disagree with you on certain things not all things and I never implied anything more than that.
    Name just one poster here that has shown agreement with you that "time dilation IS gravity" even in special relativity ...
    I am not interested in a popularity contest. Wanting me to be wrong does not make me wrong, hence no alternative explanation or proof Greene is mistaken.

I am right and you know it. You just don't want to admit it, hence the childish tantrums, lies and ad hominem attacks. Sucks to be you.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 08:191 edit
    @metal-brain said
    I am not interested in a popularity contest.
    Neither am I and I wasn't speaking of any and that doesn't change the fact you have shown to be wrong many times and yet you have the arrogant delusion that there are some people here that agree with what you say about time dilation when the science experts here say you are wrong about that.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 09:39
    @metal-brain said

I ask good questions that I have already answered. The fact that none of you can offer another explanation says a lot. Greene is right. You are wrong.
    As you yourself report it, Greene did not say "time dilation" he said "time warp". You identify "time warp" as meaning "time dilation". I have good reason to believe otherwise. First I want to establish what you think the words "jargon" and "time dilation" actually mean. Use a dictionary if you need to.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 21:59
    @humy said
    Neither am I and I wasn't speaking of any and that doesn't change the fact you have shown to be wrong many times and yet you have the arrogant delusion that there are some people here that agree with what you say about time dilation when the science experts here say you are wrong about that.
    Nope. Greene is the science expert and you have not proved either of us wrong. Lying will not make it true.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:05
    @deepthought said
    As you yourself report it, Greene did not say "time dilation" he said "time warp". You identify "time warp" as meaning "time dilation". I have good reason to believe otherwise. First I want to establish what you think the words "jargon" and "time dilation" actually mean. Use a dictionary if you need to.
    You are in denial.

Greene was obviously talking about time dilation. He said time at his head passes faster than at his feet. That is time warp he was talking about, time dilation.

What other time warp is there? You are attempting to deny the obvious. Now you must explain what other time warp he could possibly be referring to and you cannot do it.

Admit you are wrong. It is obvious he is referring to time dilation. He described it perfectly. You must be really desperate to deny something so obvious. You are not fooling anyone here. Your denial is obvious.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:46
    @metal-brain said
    You are in denial.

Greene was obviously talking about time dilation. He said time at his head passes faster than at his feet. That is time warp he was talking about, time dilation.

What other time warp is there? You are attempting to deny the obvious. Now you must explain what other time warp he could possibly be referring to and you cannot do it.

Admit you are w ...[text shortened]... lly desperate to deny something so obvious. You are not fooling anyone here. Your denial is obvious.
    What do you think the word jargon means?
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 23:092 edits
    @deepthought said
    What do you think the word jargon means?
    Confused unintelligible language. What other time warp is there?

YouTube
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 00:15
    @metal-brain said
    Confused unintelligible language. What other time warp is there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcvq1DAM-DE
    Fully ensconced in the lunatic fringe now. So now you add the time dilation conspiracy to the anti- climate change alarmist conspiracy.
    Let's see you prove time dilation causes gravity and BTW, explain why going fast also causes time dilation.
    Also BTW, that video says Earth is not moving through space when we know it is part of the Milky way and conjoined in the general spinning and movement of the entire galaxy along with the spiraling around the sun once a year.
    Right there they go off the reservation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree