1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 00:512 edits
    @humy said
    Physical evidence that can be verified by observation and/or experiment as valid by other groups anywhere on modern Earth; Mere hearsay and claims made in mere stories don't count.
    Okay, lets see some evidence on the universe starting out of nothing (or something to be named later), if not then do you acknowledge a cause outside of the universe itself is responsible something that transcends all we know and see here, or you are a firm believer in if I don't attempt to answer the question it will go away and I can feel secure I don't have to acknowledge God is a viable option?

Abiogenesis life from non life, you have the natural causes lined up we can look at study with tests that can show repeatable results showing how, when, where, and with what that caused that? Or you feel secure if you don't answer, you don't have acknowledge God is a viable option?

All of the forces in play in the universe they allow for life, but you don't think this is a big deal that if we strengthen say gravity all life is toast, or if this planet's make up wasn't as is we would be toast, or...the list goes on and on. You think these are meaningful or not? If you just deny that everything has to come together for life is just to good, so it is all just no big deal! Chance yes we are really lucky chance, some cosmic lottery got all this just right, that must be the only real answer that should be looked at.

So many issues, so many problems were either over come by chance or design, and you think chance, so much so chance is the only explanation that is reasonable! I assume it isn't evidence that you actually worry about, because to even acknowledge the possibility is modern heresy to many, so one must deny anything that opens a door you want to keep shut, namely God might have done it.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 02:15
    @kellyjay said
    Okay, lets see some evidence on the universe starting out of nothing (or something to be named later), if not then do you acknowledge a cause outside of the universe itself is responsible something that transcends all we know and see here, or you are a firm believer in if I don't attempt to answer the question it will go away and I can feel secure I don't have to acknowledge ...[text shortened]... y, so one must deny anything that opens a door you want to keep shut, namely God might have done it.
    You are back to 'since science can't answer those questions right now, they never will be able to do so' argument. We have been down that road a dozen times now.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 09:31
    @sonhouse said
    You are back to 'since science can't answer those questions right now, they never will be able to do so' argument. We have been down that road a dozen times now.
    If the reasons why are it cannot, because the answers don't reside here in the material world, then evidence is all around you.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 12:106 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Okay, lets see some evidence on the universe starting out of nothing (or something to be named later), if not then do you acknowledge a cause outside of the universe itself is responsible
    1, Just to be clear, I don't believe the universe "came from nothing", because that makes no sense. Nothing can come from nothing.

2, If, in every sense, all of time started at the beginning of our universe (and I don't have an opinion on whether that is true) then that means the universe didn't "came from nothing" because the universe didn't "came" because it was causeless and is just a brute fact. Note I don't actually exclude the possibility that time always existed i.e. has no beginning before the big bang of this current universe.

3, I don't exclude the possibility that there is something outside of the universe, such as higher dimensions and/or multiverse etc, from which our universe came from and was caused by.

4, If possibilities 3 above are true, that doesn't imply a bearded old man in the sky probably had something to do with it, because that would just be silly.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 15:00
    @humy said
    1, Just to be clear, I don't believe the universe "came from nothing", because that makes no sense. Nothing can come from nothing.

2, If, in every sense, all of time started at the beginning of our universe (and I don't have an opinion on whether that is true) then that means the universe didn't "came from nothing" because the universe didn't "came" because it was causeless a ...[text shortened]... a bearded old man in the sky probably had something to do with it, because that would just be silly.
    Who do you know who pushes a bearded old man?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 18:521 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Yeah, you never know if he pushes back😉
    Serially, I am in awe of the universe, just thinking about the vastness and the possibility of even more of the same, if the multiverse conjecture is right. But even the one we know about, gives me goosebumps.
    Like the man said, we (our universe) did not come out of nothing and some theories or conjectures say our universe was generated by a black hole in a parent universe implying an infinite number of universes and black holes in OUR universe may be creating daughter universes as we speak. Conjecture at this point in time and we may never in the future history of humanity learn the truth about that even if our species lasts another million years. We are smart for sure but maybe not smart enough to figure THAT one out but I don't count humans out especially if we get really good at artificial intelligence that CAN figure it out. Wouldn't that be a hoot, AI thingy figures it all out but refuses to tell us😉
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jul '19 01:47
    @sonhouse said
    Yeah, you never know if he pushes back😉
    Serially, I am in awe of the universe, just thinking about the vastness and the possibility of even more of the same, if the multiverse conjecture is right. But even the one we know about, gives me goosebumps.
    Like the man said, we (our universe) did not come out of nothing and some theories or conjectures say our universe was gene ...[text shortened]... at CAN figure it out. Wouldn't that be a hoot, AI thingy figures it all out but refuses to tell us😉
    I'm in awe of the creator, who is eternal in space and time, limitless in power, and knows everything. So while we reside in the sliver of time called now, He does not, we see and experience things as they happen to us, His view is across all time and space taking it all in. From the smallest to the largest there is nothing that He doesn't see and comprehend completely in not only where was, is, and will be and how it all interacts. To know He made us for a purpose, blows me out of the water.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '19 10:511 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I'm in awe of the creator, who is eternal in space and time, limitless in power, and knows everything. So while we reside in the sliver of time called now, He does not, we see and experience things as they happen to us, His view is across all time and space taking it all in. From the smallest to the largest there is nothing that He doesn't see and comprehend completely in no ...[text shortened]... , and will be and how it all interacts. To know He made us for a purpose, blows me out of the water.
    You are just one of billions of the gullible. Like I said about the flood fake news story, this infinite power god could have just as easily gone POOP and bad humans disappear and then deliver a hologram video message on the clouds says what he did and why. But NOOOO, the idiot writers had to make a god lacking any semblance of empathy, not caring this god kills ALL land animals and every human on Earth except those selected and the animal pairs on the Ark.
    Come on, how can you believe in the literal biblical tale?
    We know now if there was an Ark with only one pair of reproducing species the genetic diversity today would have been in the toilet but pesky details like that bother you not a whit does it?
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    14 Jul '19 11:38
    @kellyjay said
    Almost all Western parents starting late November.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Jul '19 21:50
    @deepthought said
    Almost all Western parents starting late November.
    You better watch out, you better not cry...
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '19 02:28
    @handyandy said
    You better watch out, you better not cry...
    If only we could get a hold of Santa's genome, it'd tell us everything we need to know about healthy aging.
  12. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Jul '19 04:23
    @wildgrass said
    If only we could get a hold of Santa's genome, it'd tell us everything we need to know about healthy aging.
    I think Coca-Cola has it in their safe.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 00:53
    @sonhouse said
    You are just one of billions of the gullible. Like I said about the flood fake news story, this infinite power god could have just as easily gone POOP and bad humans disappear and then deliver a hologram video message on the clouds says what he did and why. But NOOOO, the idiot writers had to make a god lacking any semblance of empathy, not caring this god kills ALL land an ...[text shortened]... rsity today would have been in the toilet but pesky details like that bother you not a whit does it?
    You believe life started from non-life don't you, and that without any evidence or idea how it was done? You believe once this life started out of no life, it started changing due to an unguided process for how many years? You believe this unguided process molded your brain into existence, and with it you think you can reason and understand. All of this without any plan, purpose, or design at play in any level.

You don't know how the universe began, you just believe it wasn't caused by something or someone that transcends the known universe, or had any part in life's beginning or maintenance.

Gullible, that remains to be seen who that is between us.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 15:01
    @kellyjay said
    You believe life started from non-life don't you, and that without any evidence or idea how it was done? You believe once this life started out of no life, it started changing due to an unguided process for how many years? You believe this unguided process molded your brain into existence, and with it you think you can reason and understand. All of this without any plan, pur ...[text shortened]... art in life's beginning or maintenance.

Gullible, that remains to be seen who that is between us.
    It doesn't matter if all 8 billion humans believe in creationism, that will not change the truth. People believing in creationism are just posting opinion and nothing more. Meanwhile real science goes on . Like the link I posted a while back on the other thread about a discovery of meteorites providing prebiotic organics or the idea that Earth was seeded with prebiotics by interstellar gas clouds which could also seed every planet and moon in the solar system.
    But of course those ideas are just dismissed summarily because it doesn't fit into the religious dogma of creationism.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Aug '19 17:15
    @sonhouse said
    It doesn't matter if all 8 billion humans believe in creationism, that will not change the truth. People believing in creationism are just posting opinion and nothing more. Meanwhile real science goes on . Like the link I posted a while back on the other thread about a discovery of meteorites providing prebiotic organics or the idea that Earth was seeded with prebiotics by ...[text shortened]... e ideas are just dismissed summarily because it doesn't fit into the religious dogma of creationism.
    Suggesting something may have something to do with something is not really a strong case for anything.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree