1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Sep '21 17:47
    https://phys.org/news/2020-02-cartilage-cells-chromosomes-dna-million-year-old.html
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '21 21:13
    Probably bacteria DNA
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '21 07:27
    @Metal-Brain
    Is that your professional opinion?
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '21 00:15
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Is that your professional opinion?
    That is the opinion of professionals.
    You will never find the complete DNA of a dinosaur.
  5. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Sep '21 01:12
    @metal-brain said
    That is the opinion of professionals.
    You will never find the complete DNA of a dinosaur.
    Well, I'm not giving up hope. I will find that DNA and when I do, I plan to clone it, and then I will be the coolest dude in town as I walk around public parks and streets with my pet T-Rex.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Sep '21 05:17
    @bunnyknight
    Just make sure you know what it eats🙂 Hey, maybe you could train it to be a mule?
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 Sep '21 15:23
    @bunnyknight said
    Well, I'm not giving up hope. I will find that DNA and when I do, I plan to clone it, and then I will be the coolest dude in town as I walk around public parks and streets with my pet T-Rex.
    Funny!
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Nov '21 16:342 edits
    @Metal-Brain
    NOBODY ever said they would find the complete DNA set.
    It is stupid to even mention that ridiculous idea.

Right now they are happy as a pig in poop to have found soft cartilage which I think doesn't have ANY DNA, but not sure about that.

Well, there is this:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/possible-dinosaur-dna-has-been-found/

And right now it is still controversial so more samples need to be found to corroborate the issue.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Nov '21 01:36
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    NOBODY ever said they would find the complete DNA set.
    It is stupid to even mention that ridiculous idea.

Right now they are happy as a pig in poop to have found soft cartilage which I think doesn't have ANY DNA, but not sure about that.

Well, there is this:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/possible-dinosaur-dna-has-been-found/

And right now it is still controversial so more samples need to be found to corroborate the issue.
    Pigs don't like being in poop. They would much rather be in a swimming pool on a hot day to cool down. They prefer to be clean when they have that option.

What is useful about having pieces of dinosaur DNA?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 16:39
    @Metal-Brain
    Well, there is a push for work to reintroduce the wooly mammoth based on DNA they found of that beast but they would have much more detail in their DNA than anything found from dinosaurs, so they just see if they can find useful buts of what they do have, without a time machine and traveling back a hundred million years and catch one asleep, you won't ever get anything more than a few snippets of the total DNA in those animals.
  11. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    24 Nov '21 22:401 edit
    https://exonews.org/scientists-have-found-extraterrestrial-genes-in-human-dna/

yes, our human DNA has been
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '21 00:02
    @ogb
    There is a logical problem with that hypothesis: There has never been found actual 'alien' DNA, and besides that, we don't even have a complete breakdown of the DNA of all life on Earth so they can't prove it comes from outside Earth because there is so much DNA yet to uncover right here on Earth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree