1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 May '22 06:39
    https://phys.org/news/2022-05-carbon-capture-sponge-like-cost-effective-method.html

Early news, but a new technique to be developped. All ideas are welcome.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 May '22 07:40
    Do you have a problem with plants growing faster and giving us more food?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/05/21/co2-enrichment-improves-plant-water-use-efficiency/
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '22 09:56
    @ponderable said
    https://phys.org/news/2022-05-carbon-capture-sponge-like-cost-effective-method.html

Early news, but a new technique to be developped. All ideas are welcome.
    Did you have to say ALL ideas are welcome?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '22 09:58
    @metal-brain said

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/05/21/co2-enrichment-improves-plant-water-use-efficiency/
    No, but I DO have a problem with high temps of 140F in the summertime here.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 May '22 15:39
    @metal-brain said

Yes that is a transinetnional effect and probably more than set off by the more numerous occurence of heavy storms...
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 May '22 15:40
    @suzianne said
    Did you have to say ALL ideas are welcome?
    Yes I should have narrowed down to: regarding the limitation of CO2-concentration in the atmosphere.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 01:51
    @suzianne said
    No, but I DO have a problem with high temps of 140F in the summertime here.
    Hilarious! Do you live in Death Valley?

The current official highest registered air temperature on Earth is 56.7 °C (134.1 °F), recorded on 10 July 1913 at Furnace Creek Ranch, in Death Valley in the United States.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 01:52
    @ponderable said
    Yes that is a transinetnional effect and probably more than set off by the more numerous occurence of heavy storms...
    More rainfall is good. Crops grow better with more rainfall as well. More food.
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 May '22 10:35
    @metal-brain said
    More rainfall is good. Crops grow better with more rainfall as well. More food.
    We can see that a bit more specific:

rainfall is good as long as the erath can cope with the water, otherwise the water will just run off and take some fertile earth with it. That is not so good.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '22 15:29
    @Metal-Brain
    You obviously never walked on an asphalt road in summertime Phoenix. I have and it is very squishy when it gets to 150 or more degrees in the hot sun.
    I LIVED there so I know exactly what I am talking about.
    For one thing, something you probably don't know is cities have a heat bubble around them due to the hundreds of thousands of buildings storing up and releasing heat to the air so the temp inside cities is 4 or 5 degrees hotter than surrounding areas.
    But of course you know EVERYTHING there is to know so I don't have to tell you do I?
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 23:55
    @ponderable said
    We can see that a bit more specific:

rainfall is good as long as the erath can cope with the water, otherwise the water will just run off and take some fertile earth with it. That is not so good.
    Was the Pliocene epoch where water runoff took fertile earth away?
    You are being silly and making up BS that is untrue.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 23:56
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    You obviously never walked on an asphalt road in summertime Phoenix. I have and it is very squishy when it gets to 150 or more degrees in the hot sun.
    I LIVED there so I know exactly what I am talking about.
    For one thing, something you probably don't know is cities have a heat bubble around them due to the hundreds of thousands of buildings storing up and re ...[text shortened]... ounding areas.
    But of course you know EVERYTHING there is to know so I don't have to tell you do I?
    And you moved. Problem solved.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '22 19:51
    @Metal-Brain
    We now live in the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania and it is heaven here compared to the desert towns. It is raining right now and we get a LOT of rain.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 May '22 03:05
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    We now live in the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania and it is heaven here compared to the desert towns. It is raining right now and we get a LOT of rain.
    I like the mountains. I liked Tennessee and Kentucky when I drove through. Nice.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '22 17:061 edit
    @Metal-Brain
    And you cannot fathom the idea that climate change and increased CO2 has lowered the nutritional value of rice by 17% ALREADY and climate change is just in the opening bell.
    THAT BTW was the result of a science study by the science unit, the FORMER science unit of the USDA, ripped apart by our corrupter in Chief Trump BECAUSE of that paper, he wanted not a HINT of climate change so he disbanded the entire science unit.
    That is science censorship at its worst.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree