1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '21 19:08
    https://phys.org/news/2021-07-wavelength-conversion.html

This is about converting to different wavelengths EFFICIENTLY which is new. Lots of possibilities for new technologies now with this development.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    01 Aug '21 13:08
    @sonhouse said
    https://phys.org/news/2021-07-wavelength-conversion.html

This is about converting to different wavelengths EFFICIENTLY which is new. Lots of possibilities for new technologies now with this development.
    A good example of making lemonade out of life’s lemons.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Aug '21 10:41
    @kevcvs57
    This development is like the state of the art of electronics say in 1910 or so when they were transmitting radio noise in Morse code and the detectors were just a blob of stuff that reacts to the radio noise allowing communications. Then the diode tube was invented and then the triode which opened up an entirely new way to communicate using voice and later TV.

This new Terahertz technique will widen the use of this newest band of RF which has useful characteristics such as detection of explosives and the like from some distance.
    It seems to me to be the final frontier of RF. You go to yet higher frequencies and you are into infrared and then visible and beyond to UV, X ray, Gamma and so forth
    which have totally different effects going on, for instance, UV and above able to flip DNA, knock holes in it and such.
    Terahertz radiation cannot ionize when it hits organics and for that reason is safer than playing with UV or X rays.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree