1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 19:26
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03-antimalarial-drug-standard-coronavirus.html

Scratch one try.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 19:327 edits
    The link says;

"...Trump has said they could be a "gift from God" and a "game changer," even as many scientists have cautioned against overhyping unproven medicines before large scale clinical trials are carried out...."

That's typical of his stupidity. Guess who I think he is just like here? Trump is the same person that stupidly advised sick people to just continue to go to work rather than stay at home and self-isolated; What a totally stupid irresponsible immoral message!

That said, we should note that this was a very small scale study and, as the result, no absolutely certain conclusions could be reached. But, still, it does now seem moderately unlikely that the drug is helpful. If it is helpful then it would seem very unlikely it would be a big help, only a very small help at best; So certainly NOT a "gift from God" or a "game changer," then. He just talks BS as usual.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '20 20:07
    Doctors think it might work and is worth a try.

Trump says doctors are trying it, hope it works.

People here say Trump is a moron. Yay it did not work so now I can blame Trump.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 14:28
    @Eladar
    You don't do sarcasm very well. Go back to being a nice obedient Trumpette.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 14:58
    @sonhouse

You do not like the truth?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 15:42
    @Eladar
    You DID tell the truth. Your god king Trump IS a moron. If you don't think so, prove it. Tell me how many of his experts he actually listens to for instance. Tell me how many of his original appointees are still there for instance.
    Tell me why he said in a few days the cases will go from 15 to zero and all will be well.

Tell me why he said anyone who needs the test will get the test.

Tell me why he thinks it's a good idea to stuff folks in churches all around the US on Easter. I KNOW why, but you tell me.

Tell me why he has military folks on the border where practically nobody is dying instead of getting them to make field hospitals where people ARE dying.

Tell me why he waited MONTHS to belatedly get into action on C19.

Tell me why he appointed a loser like Pence to be point man on C19.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 15:546 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @Eladar
    Trump IS a moron.
    I am afraid I am just completely forced to agree.
    Anyone in the current times that advises sick people to just continue to go to work rather than stay at home and self-isolated, like Trump actually did, must be a complete moron no matter how you look at it! I mean, DIRR, wouldn't that spread the virus like wildfire?
    And that is by far not the only stupid comment he made that should convince all rational people he is a complete moron! For example, he once seriously suggested that this virus may just "magically" (and that IS the word he used) go away and the epidemic just come to a complete end in just a few days (by magic, apparently).
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 16:02
    @humy

Who did Trump tell to go back to work?
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 16:09

Removed by poster

10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 16:103 edits
    @eladar said
    @humy

Who did Trump tell to go back to work?
    Those people that have the coronavirus. He didn't say it directly but he implied it;

YouTube

Also see example of what the experts, which he always ignores, think of his latest suggestions;

YouTube
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 16:19
    @humy said
    Those people that have the coronavirus. He didn't say it directly but he implied it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMdBTgC0yWw
    So he did not say it, but you inferred it.
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 16:224 edits
    @eladar said
    So he did not say it, but you inferred it.
    Correct. And so did just about every thinking person that listens to what he actually says. What was he trying to imply from those comments if not you should go to work if you have the virus? He is clearly a moron.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 16:25
    @sonhouse said
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-03-antimalarial-drug-standard-coronavirus.html

Scratch one try.
    This study doesn't rule out hydroxychloroquine it doesn't rule it in either, I haven't looked at the French Study where the drug was given in combination with anti-biotics. The write up is available at the link below [2]. This is a pilot study, the did not detect a statistically significant difference between the two groups. Which isn't surprising as the study didn't have power. The purpose was to study efficacy and safety. As far as effectiveness is concerned they've neither shown that it is nor have they shown that it is not effective in treating Coronavirus disease. What they have done is shown that there is no safety based reason not to do a larger trial, which is useful.

My feeling, and this comes under the heading of amateur hunch, is that, as far as treatment is concerned, anti-retrovirals are the way forward. Even there there's problems as a drug designed to counteract HIV won't work against SARS-CoV-2 if it's targeting part of the HIV genome not present in SARS-CoV-2 [1][3]. So the trial results to look out for are the results of the Solidarity trial currently in progress.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_drug_repurposing_research
    [2] http://www.zjujournals.com/med/EN/10.3785/j.issn.1008-9292.2020.03.03
    [3] https://www.nature.com/articles/d41587-020-00003-1
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '20 16:352 edits
    @deepthought said
    This study doesn't rule out hydroxychloroquine it doesn't rule it in either,
    I also noticed that.
    One must be careful when reading about such studies to make sure one reads and understand what it ACTUALLY says and certainly not just rely on reading just the title, which is often misleading.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree