1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 13:03
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-53504797

The more the merrier afaimc.

An obiter and lander with rover is on the schedule, won't land till sometime in 2021 but we wish them well, hope their lander makes it to ground.
  2. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 16:18
    Space exploration for all on our little rock. Something to look forward to, good luck.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 15:27
    @Hells-Caretaker
    According to the past attempts they have a 50/50 chance of success. EVERYONE has failed at this project several times.
    One failure the US had in that was totally man made, not a failed part, it was a joint UK and US mission to Mars, where we used feet and miles for our measurements but the UK used metric and when it came to the bit where you fire the retrorockets, it crashed landed because we thought it was say two miles high but the real height was 2 kilometers and so it crashed. I don't think the Chinese would make THAT big a mistake but it is very difficult to get a probe safely on the surface.
  4. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 16:36
    @sonhouse said
    @Hells-Caretaker
    According to the past attempts they have a 50/50 chance of success. EVERYONE has failed at this project several times.
    One failure the US had in that was totally man made, not a failed part, it was a joint UK and US mission to Mars, where we used feet and miles for our measurements but the UK used metric and when it came to the bit where you fire the retr ...[text shortened]... Chinese would make THAT big a mistake but it is very difficult to get a probe safely on the surface.
    Hey, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona for sale..interested?
    The real reason is extra terrestrial beings don't want Earthlings to be there yet.
  5. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 03:22
    @ogb said

The real reason is extra terrestrial beings don't want Earthlings to be there yet.
    Then why do the ET's allow our rovers to be roaming around Mars? And why haven't they given the rovers a parking ticket, a speeding ticket, or a trespassing citation?
  6. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    26 Jul '20 05:111 edit
    @sonhouse
    Yeah, easy to FU, I remember the 'Beagle' - I followed it on media when it cropped up away back. I think I came across something about China satellite probes around the arse end of the Moon (no wind up)🤷‍♂️ I'll check it out. [edit] Seriously in spite of the troubles currently here, let's hope China share the data.🚬
  7. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    27 Jul '20 13:59
    @hells-caretaker said
    @sonhouse
    Yeah, easy to FU, I remember the 'Beagle' - I followed it on media when it cropped up away back. I think I came across something about China satellite probes around the arse end of the Moon (no wind up)🤷‍♂️ I'll check it out. [edit] Seriously in spite of the troubles currently here, let's hope China share the data.🚬
    China is our friend now..Lots of economic advantages..who cares about civil rights when there's money to be had !
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    30 Jul '20 03:46
    @ogb
    I seriously think 'Tech' now is advancing so King fast - society can't keep pace😒 🤷‍♂️WTF🚬

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree