1. Joined
    18 Dec '18
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 20:20
    I have a theory on the Black-Irish that a mixture of black and orange led to a balance between emotional and intellectual balance of extremes. Fire and Earth? This led to modern day whites. Further mixing with black would lead to a more volatile mixture. Does this make any scientific sense?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 07:16
    @calbon said
    I have a theory on the Black-Irish that a mixture of black and orange led to a balance between emotional and intellectual balance of extremes. Fire and Earth? This led to modern day whites. Further mixing with black would lead to a more volatile mixture. Does this make any scientific sense?
    Does this make any scientific sense?
    No.

State clear Thesis and then try to make some clear conclusions and we can see if there is merit to your thoughts.

First: "Black Irish": The term is commonly used to describe people of Irish origin who have dark features, black hair, a dark complexion and dark eyes.

How would you define emotional and intellectual balance?
    What are the extremes (definitions and objective criteria)?

What has Fire and Earth to do with it? Fill in the concept of "Fire" and "Earth" as you use th Terms.
    What is the "White" you are referring to here. Is there any logic Connection between the Terms "White" "Black" "Orange" and mixing thos e as you use the Terms?
  3. Albion
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 13:28
    @Ponderable

I think Calbon is being deliberately vague as he probably thinks your legal system suffocates free speech. Maybe those with a better understanding of what is ******* tolerated coukd elucidate on his behalf?
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 14:00
    @entropysail said
    @Ponderable

I think Calbon is being deliberately vague as he probably thinks your legal system suffocates free speech. Maybe those with a better understanding of what is ******* tolerated coukd elucidate on his behalf?
    He asked if it made any scientific sense. Science uses definite language and deliberately avoids vagueness so that theories are open to falsification. His use of vague language of itself renders what he is saying unscientific.

It's pretty unclear what he means by black, orange and white. Orange seems to allude to the Orange Order - as, with the exception of Donald Trump obviously, no one has orange skin - so black and white by implication do not refer to skin colour either. But the Nationalist's colour is green. So it really isn't obvious what he's on about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree