1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 08:509 edits
    I have been spending several years now writing my book, which is of some scientific interest, and was going to get it published for sale but then encountered so many obstacles and problems to doing that (and I won't bore you with the details here of those complicated "obstacles and problems" ) that I now think doing that is simply far too problematic and not worth trying to do at all.

So, instead, change of plans; I just offer it free here on this forum to anyone who wants it!
    After reading my description of what my book is about below, if you wish to read it, just send your e-mail address to me (which I won't share with others but rather delete after use) not on these public forums (obviously) but rather in the redhotpawn private massages to me and I will e-mail it to you as an e-mail attachment. You can then simply download it onto your desktop but, to then open it to then read it, you will probably have to open it as a OpenDocument Text (.odt) type of file and open it with WordPad, else many of the fonts and the diagrams in it will be likely to be shown incorrectly.

The title and pen name of my book is;

Tavology by J Tilk

Although the main subject matter of my book is the new branch of mathematic I have invented called tavology which will revolutionize statistical analysis especially of scientific data, what would likely be of much more interest to most readers is its discussion of several other subject matters of much more philosophical interest including several logical paradoxes and problems, such as the old cosmological fine-tuning problem along with my newly proposed solution, but also some that I have newly defined such as what is called the below-median paradox along with my proposed solutions.

But, apart from those more philosophical subject matters, my book also explains;

● A huge list of completely newly described maths equations including what I have named a zerc function which defines the newly described maths constants called the zerc constants. This zerc function can be maths expressed as;

zerc(p) = ∑[n=1, infinity] 1/(n^p (n+1))
    where p ∈ [1 .. infinity]ℕ

and what this above equation is for tavology is analogous to what the equation of E=mc^2 is for relativity.

● Several completely newly described laws of statistics.

● Proof of how the old conventional said maths solution for the statistical problem conventional called the 'German tank problem' is wrong!

● The correct maths solution to the German tank problem and how that correct maths solution has been thoroughly confirmed and proven correct beyond any doubt by numerous computer simulations using a computer algorithm fully explained in this book. I would also happily, on request, e-mail you the software I made for running those computer simulations so you can then run them for your self on your own computer.

● My newly invented terminology recommended to replace the badly flawed conventional terminology of statistics and also recommends and demonstrates a new protocol to name different kinds of probability and gives a list of different kinds of probability with each named using this new naming protocol.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Dec '20 18:086 edits
    I forgot to mention;

The probability mass equation for the old conventional said maths solution, which is a false said solution, for the statistical problem conventional called the 'German tank problem' can be expressed as the probability mass P of a considered g total number of enemy tanks existing given k number of observed serial numbers of k captured tanks and m being the highest i.e. maximum serial number observed out of that k number of observed serial numbers, with this erroneous equation below that is based on flawed logic that leads to paradoxes and nonsense and in a way I fully explain in my book;

P(g | 2≤k≤m≤g) = (k – 1) (m – 1)! (g – k)! / ( g! (m – k)! )
    (WRONG!)

The wiki page on the German tank problem expresses the above equation in a very differently format and notation (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_tank_problem#Credibility_mass_distribution_function ) and in a way I don't personally like and makes it at first glance look like a completely different equation but I assure you its mathematically exactly equivalent to the above.
    And compare that above equation with the corresponding correct probability mass equation below, which my book proves correct, for that same German tank problem;

P(g | 1≤k≤m≤g) = k*m! (g – k)! / ( (g + 1)! (m – k)! )
    (correct)

The above equation and my whole solution to the German tank problem can be regarded as the pinnacle of tavology and the pinnacle of my past research so far but I hope to come up with something even better, not in tavology but rather in AI, now I have just resumed doing my AI research.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '20 16:441 edit
    @humy
    How about submitting some of your work to a math journal?
    I would think that would be the first thing to do to get published in a book.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    19 Dec '20 18:242 edits
    @sonhouse said
    @humy
    How about submitting some of your work to a math journal?
    I would think that would be the first thing to do to get published in a book.
    the problem is that my work isn't just purely a single piece of maths but rather a whole new branch of statistic (tavology) complete with hundreds of equations and new maths constants + a huge list of recommendations for new statistical terminology + some newly defined paradoxes and my solutions to them + my solutions to some old paradoxes and problems + some non-maths philosophy about logic.
    All that really would require a ~1000 page whole book (which is why I wrote a whole book about it) and I cannot even merely summarize it down to ~100 pages without leaving out far too much explanation let a sensible size that a maths journal might be persuade to insert into one of their papers, especially when you consider about half of it isn't about maths thus they may see it as going too off-topic off the subject matter of maths.

You may then wonder, why don't I just present just the maths parts only?
    Well, it would STILL be far too much for them and much of the maths part by itself would appear baseless unless I also give a long explanation of the non-mathematical reasoning that is behind it and which it is based on. I cannot say something like "The correct maths equation for this application is ..." without first explaining WHY that's the correct maths equation!
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Dec '20 08:23
    I have just done a complete word count for my whole book and my word count of my whole book for all words in Chapters only is 142,870 words and for in Chapters + Front matter material + Back matter material is 152,608 words, and that's not even including the huge number of diagrams and graphs! This is a huge book!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 04:24
    @humy
    There are many books over a thousand pages. I don't see that as a problem. The problem is getting your book vetted by interested parties.
    I hope my son in law will take that on. Have not heard back though.
    He is a VERY busy scientist and may not have the time to devote to this but I asked my daughter, his wife, to ask him anyway.
  7. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Dec '20 21:05
    @humy

interesting. I agree with Sonhouse. You should be able to break your ideas/concepts/equations into bite sized "chapters" that could each be submitted to a maths journal. A quick google search identifies "Archive for Mathematical Logic" as a potential candidate for submission.

If you had a few of the basic logical constructs of your work published in a journal (it does not need to be a complete story), then a larger manuscript on the applications of your theories would potentially interest a book publisher.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree