1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 10:312 edits
    Yet another future significant AI application.

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-deep-techniques-neural-retrosynthesis.html

"We expect that our retrosynthesis game will soon follow the way of chess and Go, in which self-taught algorithms consistently outperform human experts,"

I believe AI will play an increasing significant roll in future science and technology and in many different ways and may even one day render both human inventors (including myself) and human scientists redundant i.e. out of a job! -or at least out of a PAID job!
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 14:061 edit
    @humy said
    Yet another future significant AI application.

https://phys.org/news/2019-06-deep-techniques-neural-retrosynthesis.html

"We expect that our retrosynthesis game will soon follow the way of chess and Go, in which self-taught algorithms consistently outperform human experts,"

I believe AI will play an increasing significant roll in future science and technology and in many ...[text shortened]... (including myself) and human scientists redundant i.e. out of a job! -or at least out of a PAID job!
    I think humans will learn from AI and become better at inventiveness also. Humans are adaptable.
    In the meantime, maybe we will finally get our room temp superconductors and getting superfast spacecraft. Maybe small fusion reactors ALA BTTF.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 14:30
    my misedit;
    "roll" should be "role" in
    "I believe AI will play an increasing significant roll in..."
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 15:58
    @humy said
    my misedit;
    "roll" should be "role" in
    "I believe AI will play an increasing significant roll in..."
    I got the point😉 As in chess, computer analysis is changing the way GM's build their own strategy so chess players are getting better at chess because of engines. I think the same will happen in engineering also.
    For instance, maybe AI will discover/develop new laws concerning turbulence and such, making fore more efficient passenger jets and turning turbulent flow to laminar flow in pipes or some such and lowering the amount of energy expended for both technologies.
    Just to name some random example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree