1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    11 Oct '21 22:59
    You may be right.

I think that there will be a huge amount to bounce around come Feb/March, if not before.

There is going to be a twist in this tale I'm sure.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Oct '21 15:44
    @Metal-Brain
    Which did not answer the question but not answering direct questions is your MO.

Hypocrite.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 01:47
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Don't worry, there WILL be a major correction in human population when climate change cuts off arable land for farms and people around the planet starve to death. THAT will definitely reduce the population,
    and may drive the entire planet back a thousand years and religious nuttery gets going bigtime, muslims in active war with christians and so forth.

210 ...[text shortened]... othing will stop a dedicated troll like you from coming up with yet ANOTHER BS rightwing lying site.
    You are wrong. Plants will grow better with more CO2 in the atmosphere.
    A warmer climate will generally increase rainfall worldwide; that will help plants grow better as well and food production will increase.

The world is not overpopulated. Most people live in cities and there is plenty of uninhabited rural land. People may be using too much resources in some cases, but that does have to continue at the rate it is. Same thing with species threatened with extinction. We can take actions to prevent it. It is challenging, but not impossible. Fortunately, most people prefer to live in cities and leave the rural areas to a minority of people like me. That takes some stress off of the wildlife here in the country. There is still a lot of land with no people living there. I live next to state land. No people live on state land near me. Lots of wildlife.

A warmer climate would make a higher population possible. More food.
  4. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 13:54
    @metal-brain said
    Sonhouse thinks the world population should be reduced, so I think he should start with himself instead of wishing the unvaccinated will die.
    Sonhouse wants people to die so the rest of us don't destroy the planet with AGW. He is like a psychopath chicken little.
    there are about 385,000 babies born each day...
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 14:51
    @ogb said
    there are about 385,000 babies born each day...
    That will likely change over time.
    The Earth is a big place. There is room as long as most people continue to prefer to live in cities.
  6. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    17 Oct '21 19:121 edit
    @metal-brain said
    You are wrong. Plants will grow better with more CO2 in the atmosphere
    This true

The 2020 CO2 saturation has been cited around 412 ppm (climate.gov). A commercial grower will typically enrich the CO2 in their greenhouses to 1000 ppm. The biggest danger that we currently have Is that we are driving down CO2. If at the same time we have a cold stretch then CO2 becomes more soluble in sea water and CO2 levels will drop, so the danger is that yields will drop and therefore food production.

Note CO2 saturation does not push temperature, it is pulled by temperature.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 04:39
    @medullah said
    This true

The 2020 CO2 saturation has been cited around 412 ppm (climate.gov). A commercial grower will typically enrich the CO2 in their greenhouses to 1000 ppm. The biggest danger that we currently have Is that we are driving down CO2. If at the same time we have a cold stretch then CO2 becomes more soluble in sea water and CO2 levels will drop, so the danger is that yi ...[text shortened]... fore food production.

Note CO2 saturation does not push temperature, it is pulled by temperature.
    "Note CO2 saturation does not push temperature, it is pulled by temperature."

Very true. The problem is that even when people are told this they disregard it later and then again and again and again. Even when you prove it they don't completely accept it. Unfortunately, constant reminding is necessary.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Oct '21 14:43
    @Metal-Brain
    How did this morph into climate change?
    More CO2 means higher temps and that is a fact.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 02:48
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    How did this morph into climate change?
    More CO2 means higher temps and that is a fact.
    It is not a fact.
    How do you know it is not methane?
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Oct '21 07:19
    @metal-brain said
    It is not a fact.
    How do you know it is not methane?
    Because Methane concentrations rises far slower than CO2-concentration. The rise in the last 30 years was about 5%.

https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/bild/methan-konzentration-in-der-atmosphaere-monats
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 10:32
    @ponderable said
    Because Methane concentrations rises far slower than CO2-concentration. The rise in the last 30 years was about 5%.

https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/bild/methan-konzentration-in-der-atmosphaere-monats
    Methane is roughly 30 times more potent as a heat-trapping gas than CO2

The ice core samples prove methane increased with temperature increase. Like CO2 it lagged behind temperatures, just not as much of a lag time as CO2. Al Gore had his cause and effect backwards. Temperatures drove CO2 and methane levels higher, not the other way around.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Oct '21 21:09
    @medullah
    Trump killed the science unit of the USDA, which even now has no science unit, because they tried to publish a paper about CO2 increase and nutritional value of rice.
    An important paper showing because of the increased CO2, rice has 17% less nutritional value than rice grown in previous centuries.

So Trump said we are moving ALL of the science unit to some town, forget which one, but the gist of it was there was no lab there and never was meant to be one.

The gist of the deal was they said, move or quit.

So they quit, they would have had to sell houses, rip kids out of schools move halfway across the country to start a new life there and then they found out there was to be no labs so Trump got his wish, 200 scientists out looking for work now.

I just can't see why people keep thinking Trump is some kind of genius, BECAUSE HE SAID SO.

It shows just how gullible people are.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 12:391 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @medullah
    Trump killed the science unit of the USDA, which even now has no science unit, because they tried to publish a paper about CO2 increase and nutritional value of rice.
    An important paper showing because of the increased CO2, rice has 17% less nutritional value than rice grown in previous centuries.

So Trump said we are moving ALL of the science unit to some tow ...[text shortened]... hinking Trump is some kind of genius, BECAUSE HE SAID SO.

It shows just how gullible people are.
    I don't eat much rice.
    Why should I care?

It is only Iron and Zinc. I have high iron in my blood anyway so I don't need that. I can get zinc from other foods. You act like people will suffer. Don't be so overly dramatic.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 13:15
    @Metal-Brain
    OF COURSE an assswipe with zero empathy would say that.

You don't give a crap HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people depend on rice.

And I note you didn't even deign to mention anything about the filthy work Trump did to kill the science unit of the USDA.

Or maybe because all you watch is Fox and Brigtbart and Newsmax, they would not have said a WORD about THAT particular corruption.

So try watching REAL news outlets maybe you will learn something.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '21 01:50
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    OF COURSE an assswipe with zero empathy would say that.

You don't give a crap HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of people depend on rice.

And I note you didn't even deign to mention anything about the filthy work Trump did to kill the science unit of the USDA.

Or maybe because all you watch is Fox and Brigtbart and Newsmax, they would not have said a WORD about THAT particular corruption.

So try watching REAL news outlets maybe you will learn something.
    All they eat is rice?

Is this like Bubba from Forrest Gump saying every shrimp dish possibly made only now it is rice? Asian people don't eat fish with their rice?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree