1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Aug '20 23:41
    https://phys.org/news/2020-08-enzyme-cocktail-brazil-powers-production.html

twice as efficient making ethanol. Not sure if that is a good thing or no.....Keeps us tied to the fossil/plant fuel tit.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    19 Aug '20 01:51
    @sonhouse said
    https://phys.org/news/2020-08-enzyme-cocktail-brazil-powers-production.html

twice as efficient making ethanol. Not sure if that is a good thing or no.....Keeps us tied to the fossil/plant fuel tit.
    Well *hic* bless their, their little *hic* liddle pea pickin' hearts. Double shots for everyone!

What?
    No, no no I'm not paying. You get... so go buy an pay, buy yer own booze!
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Aug '20 05:43
    @sonhouse said
    Making fuel from biomass can't be bad can it? Especially if that biomass
    is waste from food production. Surely it is carbon neutral.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Aug '20 21:19
    @wolfgang59

I was thinking about the CO2 going into atmosphere.
    I think a real carbon neutral fuel would be hydrogen, MOF's are getting more density of H2 storage but of course then you have to have carbon neutral hydrogen manufacturing on industrial scale.

I keep waiting for electrics to come out with solar cell paint, the whole car as a solar cell. That should extend distance ten percent or so and would allow quite a bit of recharging just parked on a sunny day.

If you drive say 10 klicks one way, so you get there and the cells charge the batteries for free, no need to be hooked to a plug.

Of course then there is always 'Mr Fusion' if you remember that bit🙂
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Oct '20 10:581 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    Making fuel from biomass can't be bad can it? Especially if that biomass
    is waste from food production. Surely it is carbon neutral.
    Most of the Fuel Ethanol Comes from Food (Corn, Sugar Cane,...) so Carbon neutrality is bought with using Food in a (rather inefficient you use 1 sugar molecule with six Carbons to create one Ethanol molecule with two carbons) way to create a low Quality fuel. The Research sonhouse reffered to is makaing a big Progress towards a more sustainable balance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree