1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:18
    @blood-on-the-tracks said
    @venda

Hi Venda, maybe this will help. I 'did it' a different way, but I think I can help you through Joe's explanation.

From the 2nd scenario, where Joe starts then his mate joins in, take the last bit first. They finish half the bike. From the first scenario, it takes them 4 hrs to build a bike, so this half bike takes 2 hrs. As the whole process in scenar ...[text shortened]... him shaking the million dice to try to get no even number! (Other recent puzzles)

Hope that helps
    Thank you sir.
    I'll go through your method later on and probably make a note of it for future reference/puzzles of this nature.
    I got some of the way. Knowing S=12 I formed some equations incorporating that(cheating I suppose) but got lost along the way.
    I think one problem I have is my bit's of paper get very messy and so I confuse myself.
    The next time we go shopping I might invest in a big notebook and entitle it "Dave's maths for dummies".
    I can then record all Joe's puzzles and solutions and going through them might organise my brain a bit!!
    When she is older I can then torment my 5 yr old granddaughter with them.
    She's already showing an aptitude for arithmetic so hopefully I'll be able to help her with her studies if I don't drink myself to death first.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree