1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 06:212 edits
    So, for those here who made chess resolutions for 2021 at this time last year, how did it go? I'll start--

My resolution was to play and study every tactic and exercise in my little library before I buy anything else. Result - Made it through 25 pages of an endgames book, then left it and bought The Woodpecker Method which I'm about 75% finished with. Not a bad result, but not a success either. Boris Spassky was right when he said "studying endgames is like quitting smoking, it's a smart idea, but it's not very enjoyable"

What about you folks here. Did you achieve your 2021 chess resolutions?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 11:25
    @mchill said
    So, for those here who made chess resolutions for 2021 at this time last year, how did it go? I'll start--

My resolution was to play and study every tactic and exercise in my little library before I buy anything else. Result - Made it through 25 pages of an endgames book, then left it and bought The Woodpecker Method which I'm about 75% finished with. Not a bad result, but ...[text shortened]... 's not very enjoyable"

What about you folks here. Did you achieve your 2021 chess resolutions?
    I don't make resolutions and I heard yesterday on a quiz show that most people give up their new yrs resolutions before the end of January.
    I do pay more attention to my games now instead of dashing off moves but it seems to make little difference to my rating.
  3. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    13 Dec '21 11:59
    @mchill

I know I have improved but I didn't rise up to my expectations.

2022 will be better 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree