1. e4
    Moves
    10 Dec '21 17:49

Magnus wrapped up the match with 4-0 win. Most people expected him to win
    but not by such a large margin. That loss in game six where Carlsen played a
    superb game seems to have broken Nepomniachtchi, who for a few moves in
    that game had very good winning chances but went for a tome trouble trap and lost.

Game 11 looked drawn but Nepomniachtchi decided today was the day he either won
    a game or the match would be over. He tried to make it messy but Carlsen had it all
    under control, avoiding a sharp tactical, though tricky win and playing practical chess.

Good. I can now have a blog rest. I’ll be back with something for Christmas Day

Blog Post 506
  2. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    10 Dec '21 18:36
    Much appreciated 😉
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Dec '21 00:03
    @greenpawn34 said

Magnus wrapped up the match with 4-0 win. Most people expected him to win
    but not by such a large margin. That loss in game six where Carlsen played a
    superb game seems to have broken Nepomniachtchi, who for a few moves in
    that game had very good winning chances but went for a tome trouble trap and lost.

Game 11 looked drawn but Nepomniachtchi decid ...[text shortened]... log rest. I’ll be back with something for Christmas Day

Blog Post 506
    Well done greenpawn. I honestly thought Nepomniachtchi would put up more resistance, nevertheless this championship match was more interesting than the last one. 🙂
  4. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    11 Dec '21 04:08
    Thank you much for your very entertaining coverage, sir. That was a lot of fun, and very well done.
  5. e4
    Moves
    11 Dec '21 10:31
    Thanks everyone,

Simple light hearted skimming over the games notes which hopefully give a flavour
    of what was going on. Most are comments I thought off whilst watching the game live.

There are dozens of sites with much more 'detailed analysis' (computer plonk.)
    I give it a damn good guess. I've never believed in the searching for the 'truth'
    in any game. The truth is the final result, 1-0, 0-1 or ½-½ analysis at any level is
    what may have, or could have (or should have) happened, not what actually did happen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree