1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    01 Sep '21 18:47
    Movie producers too often crank out sequels simply to pad their bottom line. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen with this -

YouTube&t=3s
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '21 05:18
    Unbelievable that they think they can take a fake character and put her next to Bobby Fischer in some ridiculous TV show.

I will admit the show was good but you can’t mix fantasy with reality.
    It will confuse the masses and us chess players will spend the next 20 years explaining to newbies that...no that’s not true...etc. etc. etc.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '21 05:20
    Side note...

The promotional video was incredible and it did inspire me and I can’t wait to see the second season.
    It should be called “The Queens Gambit Declined”

Just saying 😉
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '21 05:371 edit
    My internet search says that video is a fake.
    If you look at it you’ll see all of the footage is from the first season of “The Queens Gambit” and the Fischer footage is from that lame movie “Pawn Sacrifices” with Toby MacGuire.

Probably some college kids video assignment.

It does look good though 🤔
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Sep '21 05:44
    @chesstachio said
    If you look at it you’ll see all of the footage is from the first season of “The Queens Gambit” and the Fischer footage is from that lame movie “Pawn Sacrifices” with Toby MacGuire.

Probably some college kids video assignment.

It does look good though 🤔

I hope you're correct. This was a nice series, and I'd hate to see it ruined.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree