1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 01:041 edit
    The Gambit Fantasy Club is currently managed by BiggDoggProblem, and I believe it may be the most popular and best-managed club on the site.
    The array of thematic gambit tournaments is excellent, and they tend to fill fast.
    It is also good in the competitive sense. I have played over 300 games in club tournaments, and my club rating seems to stay 150-200 points below my regular RHP rating.
    Either that, or I am an easy mark for Gambiteers!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '19
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 02:18
    @Paul-Leggett

I enjoy their slideshow of all the gambits, it took me a while to figure out what a few of them represented.

My favorite would be the Elephant due to the games of Phillip Corbin. (Calypso Chess)
  3. Mayberry NC
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 14:31
    @paul-leggett said
    Either that, or I am an easy mark for Gambiteers!
    [perks up ears]
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    18 Nov '19 14:35
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    19 Nov '19 19:35
    Disclaimer: Paul Leggett did not receive financial remuneration for this endorsement. As usual, he is paid in rating points taken from our other members.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Nov '19 12:321 edit
    I second Paul's recommendation. Although not a gambit player myself, one must always be prepared to meet a gambit player. The GFC is an excellent way to hone one's skills.

EDIT: Endorsement disclaimer: I have not received any gift points from either Paul or BDP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree