1. Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 22:231 edit
    Hi, is it possible to refuse a challenge?
    I have been challenged again by a non subscriber I don't want to play due to their comments during our previous game.
    They set up as white again and already made their first move. Can I cancel this challenge or do I just resign and be forced into a loss?
    Thanks.
  2. Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 22:25
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 22:281 edit
    @gocharles

Just delete the game? No penalty either side of no/only 1 move

I haven't been playing loads of years on this site, but know that!
  4. Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 22:30
    Thanks yeah I just found delete game in my games.

Cheers.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    09 Aug '20 22:42
    @gocharles
    You can also add them to your 'blocked player' list, which should stop them from sending challenges or messages.
    Link --> https://www.dailychess.com/usercon/ignorelist.php
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 02:28
    @gocharles
    In regular games either player can delete the game before Black completes their second move. After that the 'delete' option is gone. Deleting the game does not change either players' rating.

The 'delete' option does not apply in tournament games or clan games. Also I don't think you can delete a 'ladder' game.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 19:191 edit
    @gocharles said
    Hi, is it possible to refuse a challenge?
    I have been challenged again by a non subscriber I don't want to play due to their comments during our previous game.
    They set up as white again and already made their first move. Can I cancel this challenge or do I just resign and be forced into a loss?
    Thanks.
    Eyup Charles(Or should I call you"Fred" now in homage to your favourite opening?)
    You can stop any future contact with the player by clicking your avatar and the blocked players button and then typing in the player's name
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 20:04
    You can also go to 'my settings' and change your 'challenge settings' to zero. That way, nobody can challenge you at all, with the exception of people you add to your 'Buddy List'. You will need to enable challenges from people on your buddy list, but they will be the only people here who can send you a challenge.

Bottom line is that there are very many features here but you need to browse around the whole site and find out what is available. Click those links and see what you find! Many times the answers are found in the Help/FAQ pages.

If you still don't find answers, there is always the Help Forum. Someone can usually offer a solution or answer questions there. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree