1. Joined
    15 Jan '19
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 04:45
    How well do RHP players know how to checkmate a King with a King, Bishop and Knight? I have seen a procedure to do that on the ICC when I was once a member. Is there anywhere to see that procedure without having to pay for a membership?
  2. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 05:48
    @zzzzz9200

The wikipedia site describes a number of these basic endgame methods which you can access for free. On here some time ago @greenpawn34 blog referred to some games by @zenic who has used a number of his games here to work out the method. Learning chess can help develop problem solving skills by identifying what needs to be done and finding the moves to achieve it, such a how to prevent the opponents king escaping to the middle of the board or avoid stalemate.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Dec '19 14:421 edit
    @zzzzz9200 said
    How well do RHP players know how to checkmate a King with a King, Bishop and Knight? I have seen a procedure to do that on the ICC when I was once a member. Is there anywhere to see that procedure without having to pay for a membership?
    This gives a pretty good way to proceed with king, bishop and knight.

YouTube
  4. Joined
    09 Jul '16
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 15:41
    I have a complete blindness for this particular checkmate. I have learnt how to do it several times, but always muck it up when I test myself against an engine several weeks later. I've never had to do it in a real game, and indeed have only ever seen it occur twice - the first time I watched an IM smash out the moves with what looked like perfect technique in about 30 seconds flat. The other time was when a fairly weak player (about 100 ECF) adjourned with KBN vs K and then spent the lunch break learning the winning method sufficiently well to be able to win the game when it was resumed.
  5. UK
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 17:04
    This site might also come in useful to test your new skills
    https://www.chessvideos.tv/endgame-training/bishop-knight-checkmate.php

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree