1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 08:091 edit
    The training tools on some of these chess sites are amazing! There was nothing like this back in the 80's and 90's. It's a small wonder that we see legions of 10 year old kids at the 1800+ level in tournaments.

Following blog entries of other players have been encouraging, as I read of their struggles to improve.

After 3 online tournaments, 600+ tactics training exercises, 76 - 30 min. games, improvement is starting to show (with all the blazing speed of a battery chicken!)

Sorry to vent like this folks, but I had to tell someone whom I thought could relate, as I lick my many wounds, and limp into the next tournament with my 5 - 10 record. 😳
  2. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    05 Aug '20 08:23
    @mchill

I've been a member here for 13 years but it's only these last few months I realised we can play against a computer with different level settings and discovered the chess puzzles (which are pretty challenging).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree