1. Joined
    14 Nov '16
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 08:16
    How to create new open tournament as a subscriber? I have been able by now only to create club tournaments ... how to create OPEN tournament for all subscribers (outside our club)?
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 08:29
    @jukka-joutsi said
    How to create new open tournament as a subscriber? I have been able by now only to create club tournaments ... how to create OPEN tournament for all subscribers (outside our club)?
    You don't. The last line in the text you see when creating club tournaments is:

Private tournaments are only open to subscribing club members.
  3. Joined
    14 Nov '16
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 08:51
    @Ponderable - public tournaments are organized only by RedHotPawn - private ones by subscribers - is that the way it goes?
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 08:54
    @jukka-joutsi said
    @Ponderable - public tournaments are organized only by RedHotPawn - private ones by subscribers - is that the way it goes?
    At least that is the state. There used to be the possibility to share a key for tournaments but I can't see that now.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 09:081 edit
    Details on how to do this here : Thread 157317
  6. Joined
    14 Nov '16
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 09:11
    @Ponderable - not good system ... for new clubs. First it takes time to get enough subscribed members ... and then it takes more time to get them to join club tournament ... not tempting to look forward to.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Jan '20 09:202 edits
    @Jukka-Joutsi

So to summarise, you can create a private tournament, then share the password/key so anyone can join.

The one (current) requirement is that you are a clan leader of six or more members. This is because the initial purpose of private tournaments was to create private tournaments for clan members primarily - with the option of opening it up to others with the secret key to fill spaces.

I might review this, so check back later today.

Create a Private Tournament

edit : Also, as you stated, tournaments for club members are also possible.
  8. Joined
    14 Nov '16
    Moves
    09 Feb '20 09:091 edit
    @Russ ... HOW to share the password/key so anyone can join ( I am talking about CLUB) ?
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Feb '20 10:01
    The one (current) requirement is that you are a clan leader of six or more members.
    This limitation has now been removed.

Also, a button to create password protected private tournament has been added when viewing tournaments filtered by : "Private - my managed"
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Feb '20 10:08
    @Jukka-Joutsi

Club tournaments are available to (subscribing) club members only.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree