1. SubscriberTheBigKat
    Editor
    Moves
    15 Dec '21 01:34
    What chess software and computer configuration do grandmasters use to study their games?
  2. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    15 Dec '21 01:411 edit
    @TheBigKat

I imagine the latest thing...

...and soon to be quantum computers.

Engine moves are good for memorization but what happens if your opponent is Lasker and plays the weaker but playable move?

We might see another resurgence just like the 1920's where the hypermodern masters avoided theory and played "playable" moves...
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Dec '21 02:31
    @thebigkat said
    What chess software and computer configuration do grandmasters use to study their games?
    I read that many GM's like chessbase. I don't use it, but below are some pro's and con's on that system. Hope this helps. 🙂

YouTube&t=248s
  4. Joined
    26 Sep '10
    Moves
    21 Dec '21 15:49
    @mchill said
    I read that many GM's like chessbase. I don't use it, but below are some pro's and con's on that system. Hope this helps. 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YgHJekf3pk&t=248s
    I know that a lot of Grandmasters endorse Chessbase. But having read different engines are better at certain aspects that most Grandmasters use more than one.

I tried something called Fritz 8. Didn't see much use. Only Chess engine I use now is Chessmaster 10, and I only play against it. I don't analyze games with it.
  5. Standard memberPaladin I
    LEROYBROWN
    south side of chitow
    Moves
    15 Jan '22 09:17
    where is bluebell?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree