1. Joined
    14 Aug '19
    Moves
    29 Sep '19 04:231 edit
    I'm interested in learning this line from black's side. I would like to play a set-piece game after 1. e4 e5 2. f4 d5 3. exd c6. Any takers for a game (or relevant discussion)?
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '19
    Moves
    29 Sep '19 06:14
    I sent you a challenge.
    It's rated but I will play that line 😉
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '19
    Moves
    29 Sep '19 12:43
    ...or not 🙄
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    29 Sep '19 15:32
    I keep seeing references to these strangely named openings when I look on the only chess forum.
    Is there some guru sat in a dark recess dreaming up these things all the time or are they just obscurities that are just not played much?
    Does anyone know how many chess openings exist in the present day or , as I suggested above are they being invented all the time?
    It makes little difference to my personal game play.
    I can't remember how any opening is supposed to be played after the first few moves!!
  5. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    29 Sep '19 16:06
    @venda said
    I keep seeing references to these strangely named openings when I look on the only chess forum.
    Is there some guru sat in a dark recess dreaming up these things all the time or are they just obscurities that are just not played much?
    Does anyone know how many chess openings exist in the present day or , as I suggested above are they being invented all the time?
    It makes litt ...[text shortened]... game play.
    I can't remember how any opening is supposed to be played after the first few moves!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_chess_openings

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King's_Gambit%2C_Falkbeer_Countergambit

Here ya go buddy.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '19
    Moves
    29 Sep '19 21:571 edit
    "To improve at chess you should in the first instance study the endgame."
    -- Jose Raul Capablanca
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '19
    Moves
    29 Sep '19 22:16
    ...which I haven't done...yet 😔

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree