1. Joined
    07 Sep '18
    Moves
    17 Oct '18 20:42
    @mchill

Alexishunter/Phoenixhunter is now out of the picture until he comes back as something else. While looking at his games, I found others who were using a computer. I will report them as well.
  2. Joined
    07 Sep '18
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 00:17
    PhoenixHunter/AlexisHunter has been suspended and now he is back as JJMurda28.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 03:17
    Not to sure what you mean
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 03:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 04:01
    @kraparov said
    PhoenixHunter/AlexisHunter has been suspended and now he is back as JJMurda28.
    You're right about his being the same guy. Here's hoping he gets the message when he's booted for the third time.
  6. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 11:49
    @kewpie said
    You're right about his being the same guy. Here's hoping he gets the message when he's booted for the third time.
    I'll be the first to admit that I'm not tech-savvy at all. But isn't there a way to restrict a cheater's IP address or URL?
  7. SubscriberLittleDonkey
    Little Donkey
    Moves
    24 Oct '18 22:18
    @sonhouse said
    How do you enforce that rule? Don't you have to know what software it is, Stockfish or Fritz and such, 1 cpu or 16? Don't you have to analyze each suspect game? Or is there an AI app that can suss out an engine user in real time? Say by move 15 it is obvious it is in fact an engine? Is that even possible?

For instance, suppose a player deliberately sets the power to say ...[text shortened]... oints so it won't automatically just snuff out the opponent in 10 moves, how would you analyze that?
    Why would anyone cheat to a set rating? Are they trying to set some moral high ground? "I only cheat to beat those pesky 1800 players" or to not get caught, "I cheat but I am such a good cheat that I am both undetectable and beatable".

Maybe it is more elaborate, "I spend hours researching how to be the best cheat in the world" so, no recognition on being the best cheat because obviously you can't admit to it and wasted hours when you could actually be having fun researching how to play better and genuinely enjoying the games.

Isn't the whole point of being on the site to play chess, improve your skills, try out new ideas? Part of the game is losing to a weaker player because you took it for granted, beating a stronger player because they make mistakes too, stumbling across a beautiful move or setting a trap to make our opponents stumble because that is chess.

It is easy to assume that a player might be cheating because they found a move that we had overlooked, whether they are higher or lower rated, our impartial arbiter being found lurking somewhere close to our ego. Cheats will lose interest because nothing compares with the emotion of playing your own game, struggling across the board and winning unaided.
  8. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 21:02
    There was a time when the engine accusations were fun. At least *hunter was brave enough to some into the forums. Most don't for fear of tripping over their own feet.
  9. Standard memberthaughbaer
    Duckfinder General
    223b Baker Street
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 22:55
    A little chess.com cheat detection....

YouTube
  10. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 23:45
    @thaughbaer said
    A little chess.com cheat detection....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYR09lIBsek
    Interesting. They seem to be doing statistical analysis of particular patterns, rather than pure centipawn analysis. I'd be interested to know how that works.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree