1. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 08:02
    Hey Chess Forum,

I'm working on a new chess blog/project and I'm looking for some chessboxing games to analyze. I have done some fairly extensive googling and turned up next to nothing, so I'm not expecting anything huge, but it'd be great to get some game scores. PGN preferred, though I'll take move lists, diagrams, or board videos from clean angles. If you happen to have any of the above, please message me or respond here. Thanks for reading; have a nice day.

Best wishes,
    Orion
  2. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    26 Dec '18 21:36
    It would be funny to go over some games but I think these events bring chess to a lower level.

I'll still go over the game if someone posts one or two here.
  3. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Dec '18 05:55
    @nomorechess

What do you mean by “bring chess to a lower level?” I’d agree that the games played would maybe not be of the highest quality; however, I doubt that the sport brings chess into any sort of disrepute, or lower its reputation.
  4. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    27 Dec '18 06:12
    Of course it does. Boxing one round and then playing chess and then boxing again would never be taken seriously and people look on like at a carnival. Its almost a joke. Whenever I've seen small clips on TV /News they laugh and joke about it. When they chessbox it brings chess down.
    Next it'll be tackle tennis or something...
  5. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    27 Dec '18 06:44
    I think, if anything, it'd be another way that chess garners attention. Whether the light that attention is in, good or bad, is a separate matter. Personally, I'm in favor of chess becoming more spectator-y; I think it's the main component that the game is missing as it breaks into the mainstream. IMO the attention chessboxing gives to chess, even if it is as a gimmick, can't really damage chess's reputation. The general public knows what chess is, and if anything I think framing it as an athletic event is likely a net positive. Granted, it is treated as a bit of a circus event, but I think that's how many new ventures start out before they're fully accepted.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 09:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 10:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 12:151 edit
    @nomorechess

Tackle Tennis, very funny, the program would be hilarious.. :-O

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree