1. Leeds, England
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 14:18
    I have been trying to search for the notes written by Steve Lopez but I cannot see them. I assume he has stopped writing them. I am not even sure he is still with us.
    I am thinking of buying chessbase and methodically going through my old RHP games and extracting them via the email option and importing into a database for analysis.
    Sounds like quite a job though with only being able to extract 100 at a time and having the job of wading through them to select the next 100.

Are there any easier options to do this or do I start it as a project and do it until complete. Keeping up afterwards will be quite easy.

I will use Fritz for analysis of some games, probably the loosing ones first. Unfortunately that is the majority.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 12:31
    @johnnybike said
    I have been trying to search for the notes written by Steve Lopez but I cannot see them. I assume he has stopped writing them. I am not even sure he is still with us.
    I am thinking of buying chessbase and methodically going through my old RHP games and extracting them via the email option and importing into a database for analysis.
    Sounds like quite a job though with onl ...[text shortened]... itz for analysis of some games, probably the loosing ones first. Unfortunately that is the majority.
    Please let know how this goes for you. I've been considering how to do this myself. Organization and record keeping can be important.

All I can add is a suggestion that I read from several I.M. 's: Do your post game analysis yourself, writing down your thoughts at key points in your games BEFORE using an engine. It's not always wise to let the machine do your thinking for you.
  3. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 21:06
    How To Converting databases from PGN to CBH on ChessBase 10, 11, & 12
    YouTube

One option might be to contact the RHP admin and have them email you a pgn of all your games so for arguments sake call it JohhnyRHP.pgn.

The next step is to go into ChessBase and import the JohnnyRHP pgn by right clicking as in the video above.

Hope this helps.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 16:35
    @johnnybike said
    Sounds like quite a job though with onl ...[text shortened]... itz for analysis of some games, probably the loosing ones first. Unfortunately that is the majority.
    You can see if Russ will just send you a .zip file of all your games. I've no experience with chessbase so can't give any advice there. Since you've been playing for 19 years I'd suggest just bothering with the most recent ones as an engine analysis of 3,447 games with 233,624 moves will take 64 hours at 1 second per move (I looked at your profile), for the analysis to be thorough you'd want to give the machine about 90 seconds per move and, even with an openings database and automating the entire procedure so you don't have to manually start the analysis for each game, that's about 6 months of computation!
  5. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 19:52
    Here's an article by Lopez its pretty old but I guess its the Steve LOpez you're talking about.

https://uscfsales.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/importing-pgn-games-into-the-fritzrybka-interface/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree