1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 00:571 edit
    Hi all,

Greenpawn34 mentioned that the blitz area of this site is little used, and it made me pause and think about it a bit.

The blitz micro site allows up to 60 minutes per player, with a variable delay feature, so in reality it can be used for far more than just blitz.

In US Chess Federation over-the-board play, a 60 minute time control is the minimum to be counted as a standard rated game, and any game between 30 and 60 minutes can be dual-rated, meaning the results of a game can affect both a regular and rapid rating for each player.

That is distinct from a blitz rating. My point is that the micro site is more than just a blitz option.

If it started to produce ratings like the other games here, bragging rights would commence, and then it would see some action. IMO, anyway!

EDIT: Apparently the site is going to be upgraded, and there is a beta site here: https://www.blitzchess.net/

I haven't tried it yet, but I will explore more!
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 01:02
    Can’t find no blitz feature on my phone...
  3. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 01:12
    @chesstachio said
    Can’t find no blitz feature on my phone...
    On a PC, in the upper right hand corner of the screen there is a small box with a lightning bolt in it, with the word "Blitz" under it, which can be clicked to access the site.

Not sure where it would be on a phone. The real challenge is going to be generating a "critical mass" of players to make it work- sort of like "priming a pump".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree