1. e4
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 09:54

A picture of me promoting my latest book. ‘Chess, Chicks and Rock ‘n’ Roll.’

Still doing the Aitken books and I feature a trap that Aitken’s opponents
    have been setting him for a number of years that he has, so far, avoided
    I have an example of an Red Hot Pawn player stumbling in the very same trap.

A Chess Weather Report.

Computer generate chess problems are upon us. (it was bound to happen)
    I give a couple of the easy ones with RHP games showing the same ideas.

Blog Post 490
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '20
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 13:35
    @greenpawn34 said

A picture of me promoting my latest book. ‘Chess, Chicks and Rock ‘n’ Roll.’

Still doing the Aitken books and I feature a trap that Aitken’s opponents
    have been setting him for a number of years that he has, so far, avoided
    I have an example of an Red Hot Pawn player stumbling in the very same trap.

A Chess Weather Report.

Computer generate ch ...[text shortened]... f the easy ones with RHP games showing the same ideas.

Blog Post 490
    The last game segment gives the note "1...Kg8 2.Qf2 mate." to 1. Ke3. I surmise that you meant something like "1...Kg1 2. Qf2+ and mate next."

I've been meaning to ask how you locate all those theme-based RHP games for your articles.
  3. e4
    Moves
    05 Sep '21 21:04
    @FMDavidHLevin

I saw that and missed correcting it. I was messing about with the text making it
    fit. I like to keep my notes as one liners. Eventually decided to put in text before
    the first move which is something I dislike doing as it is often missed. (corrected-thanks)

Re: finding positions.
    I have a large D.B. of RHP games, I do a basic search just with the key elements.
    The stalemate I searched for KQR v K stalemates, I found quite a few.
    The other one I just looked for KQ v K+P's positions. The draws there
    usually involve rook pawns.

Also every time I'm here I always 'View Games' in gallery mode for a few pages
    looking at completed games for a final position that may have been an interesting
    game. Always worth it. rarely come away with nothing saved for a rainy day.

Not long ago I saw this final position.

Had to play it out.

BigD00 - fredrickrivenson RHP 5th Sept. 2021

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree