1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 05:462 edits
    @Suzianne has accused Russ of accepting bribes to ban certain posters: Thread 189850 page one, 4th post.

Post is alerted so I’ll quote it here:
    Suzianne said:
    ”No doubt you have to go make some income to allay the gobs of money you must have spent on the powers that be here, so that they ban who you want banned.

You should be so proud, preying on the weak. They must cost less to get banned. What a narcissistic loser who thinks he's a champion. The ones who you really want banned would simply cost you too much, I guess.
    Pathetic”

A few questions then:
    1) is this really happening?
    2) has anyone seen a price list from Russ?
    3) how paranoid do you have to be to accommodate the cognitive dissonance generated by trying to believe something like this?
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 05:50
    I won't be able to contribute until the end of the month.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:04
    Suzianne used to make a similarly weird accusation about me that she persisted with for 2-3 years.

She would claim I was a "secret moderator", with shares in RHP, who had banned "hundreds" of paying subscribers from the website "for disagreeing" with me.

Sometimes she would claim she'd seen "hard proof" of this; at other times she would claim someone "who knows all about it" had told her in confidence.

She exhibits a peculiar blend of paranoia and narcissism.

She once accused "the atheists" on the Spirituality Forum, in one of her trademark, generic, suits-any-thread, topic-doesn't matter, fever dream type posts, of colluding with each other to drive her from the website because she is a Christian.

And, of course, at the heart of all this is this: animosity trumps all: common sense, coherence, truth, decency; animosity trumps the need to aspire to any of these things when posting.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:16
    @fmf said
    And, of course, at the heart of all this is this: animosity trumps all: common sense, coherence, truth, decency; animosity trumps the need to aspire to any of these things when posting.
    I’m expecting Ghost of a Duke to be along shortly to harangue me for not taking this up privately with Russ instead of discussing here in public.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:22
    Just to be clear.

I have never been a moderator on this site.

I have never banned anyone ~ neither subscriber nor non-subscriber ~ from this site in "secret" or even openly.

I do not have "shares in RHP".
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:23
    @divegeester said
    I’m expecting Ghost of a Duke to be along shortly to harangue me for not taking this up privately with Russ instead of discussing here in public.
    It is Suzianne and not Russ who has made the accusation.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:37
    @fmf said
    It is Suzianne and not Russ who has made the accusation.
    Russ is hardly going to publicly accuse himself when he is either obviously oblivious to Suzianne’s assertions, or is pulling in the big bucks from posters like myself who are willing to stump up hard earned cash to rid the website of innocent posters.
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:43
    @divegeester said
    @Suzianne has accused Russ of accepting bribes to ban certain posters: Thread 189850 page one, 4th post.

Post is alerted so I’ll quote it here:
    [quote]Suzianne said:
    [i]”No doubt you have to go make some income to allay the gobs of money you must have spent on the powers that be here, so that they ban who you want banned.

You should be so proud, pr ...[text shortened]... ve to be to accommodate the cognitive dissonance generated by trying to believe something like this?
    Before any suspicion arises I alerted the thread and gave a reasoning.

Dive it is not to be discussed in the open Forum, you did that (raising this specific accustaion) a lot now, why do you think it will alter anything?
    Please send feedback in private and if Suzianne is banned then it be so. But this kind of threads only serves to make the already quite toxic atmospehre even more toxic.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:48
    https://www.clear-say.com/protesting-too-much/
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:49
    @ponderable said
    Before any suspicion arises I alerted the thread and gave a reasoning.

Dive it is not to be discussed in the open Forum, you did that (raising this specific accustaion) a lot now, why do you think it will alter anything?
    Please send feedback in private and if Suzianne is banned then it be so. But this kind of threads only serves to make the already quite toxic atmospehre even more toxic.
    Why would Suzianne's accusation need to be deleted? She is who she is and she posts what she posts. Just let it be there for people to see. Same goes for all my posts going all the way back. I wouldn't want Suzianne to be banned for posting what she did. I think people should have access to the kind of stuff she says.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:51
    @suzianne said
    https://www.clear-say.com/protesting-too-much/
    This sounds like you are doubling down on your accusation.

I see Ponderable is trying to cover it all up for you by making your paranoid nonsense go away instead of leaving it there so you can take responsibility for it.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:53
    @ponderable said
    It isn't about "altering anything". It's just people interacting.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 06:531 edit
    @fmf said
    This sounds like you are doubling down on your accusation.

I see Ponderable is trying to cover it all up for you by making your paranoid nonsense go away instead of leaving it there so you can take responsibility for it.
    In fact @Ponderable is asking not to create thread after thread to kep that warm. If the powers that be see any reason to ban Suzianne they will be more inclined by a private message than by threads in the GF:
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 07:06
    @divegeester said
    You should take this up privately with Russ and not discuss it here in public.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 07:08
    @ponderable said
    In fact @Ponderable is asking not to create thread after thread to kep that warm. If the powers that be see any reason to ban Suzianne they will be more inclined by a private message than by threads in the GF:
    I do not want to see her banned. I do not want to see her accusation deleted. If it's not a thread to your liking, don't look at it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree