1. e4
    Moves
    04 Apr '21 12:582 edits

It kicks off with something some of you may not about the chess playing Automatons.

What I love about this blog is I get to do daft chess jokes, indulge in silliness
    and at the same time bring to light otherwise never to been seen tactical jewels.

one game here, an accidental discovery, had me laughing, crying and longing for
    my youth when I too played liked this. (who am I kidding, I still do but hopefully
    with a bit more craft.) This one is joyfully brutal with a good time being had by all.
    I’m honoured that I have been given the privilege of rescuing this game from obscurity.

White catches Black in the Tennison Gambit trap (Otto Tennison 1834-1909) and
    wins the Black Queen, but they were lucky to do so as Black missed a trap-buster.

Then White spots a counter shot for Black that wins back the Queen and smartly avoids
    it only to fall for the same idea a few moves later. All this packed into 14 glorious moves.

You just have to see soulstriker - mig21 RHP 2019

Also this study (author anybody?) it appeared in a 1937 Russian magazine.

White to play and draw.

Also nawadaP - Zenic RHP 2011 with it’s rather unique mating pattern.
    and the threat of a Royal Family Fork. King, Queen and both Rooks.

Blog Post 480
  2. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 14:38
    @greenpawn34
    I very much enjoyed this thread and admire your highly entertaining work! RHP is very fortunate to have you.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 18:21
    The Tennyson gambit - is that when all of the white pawns charge up the centre of the board only to be massacred by the black rooks?
  4. e4
    Moves
    28 Apr '21 21:00
    Thanks Liljo

I'm not too sure what I'd be up to if I was not digging about looking
    for interesting ideas for the RHP blog. I have other things to that have
    grabbed my attention recently, entering the games from the Aitken books,
    (all 40+ of them) I am up to book 15. Some great games.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '16
    Moves
    29 Apr '21 02:24
    @greenpawn34 said
    Thanks Liljo

I'm not too sure what I'd be up to if I was not digging about looking
    for interesting ideas for the RHP blog. I have other things to that have
    grabbed my attention recently, entering the games from the Aitken books,
    (all 40+ of them) I am up to book 15. Some great games.
    Well, it’s amazing to me how well you have found your own unique way to give back to the game you so obviously love. Keep up the good work. I learn—and even more importantly—I laugh while enjoying your blog.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree