1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 22:221 edit
    Anyone who is still reading these public forums must be as fed up as I am.

Another site where I hang out - http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/ - has just revised their huge and complex set of forums to four, plus private-style forums for each of their products.

If the RHP public forums were limited to the same four I think it would produce a significant improvement in forum content, as it seems to have done there.

- a general discussion forum, for both serious and light-hearted stuff which has little or nothing to do with chess
    - a site support forum, including announcements, help requests and so on
    - a chess-only forum
    - and (possibly, I personally think we could do without it) something like "the RHP coffee lounge".

I'm interested to see if there is any support for this idea.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 23:01
    Originally posted by Kewpie

Another site where I hang out - http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forum/ - has just revised their huge and complex set of forums to four, plus private-style forums for each of their products.

If the RHP public forums were limited to the same four I think it would produce a signific ...[text shortened]... ng like "the RHP coffee lounge".

Raise your right paw if you're for it, your left paw if against.
    Back right if you're unsure, back left if unaffiliated.
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    29 Mar '14 23:20

If the RHP public forums were limited to the same four I think it would produce a signific ...[text shortened]... ng like "the RHP coffee lounge".

Not interested.

But thanks for posting a link in the general forum sending me to this so i can say how much bollox i think the idea is.

Angry birds....woo hoo. (never played it or even seen a screen shot)
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 05:08

I think we could safely get rid of culture, developers, posers and puzzles, and sports. Or at least, I wouldn't care if we did.

Definitely keep Spirituality (one of my favorite ones, and one of the most active) and Debates (just so that kind of crap stays out of the other forums).
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 13:12
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think we could safely get rid of culture, developers, posers and puzzles, and sports. Or at least, I wouldn't care if we did.

Definitely keep Spirituality (one of my favorite ones, and one of the most active) and Debates (just so that kind of crap stays out of the other forums).
    I agree with this; get rid of "Clubs forum" also.
  6. old pueblo
    Moves
    30 Mar '14 18:05
    Sports, spirituality, debates, culture, and clubs used to be part of the GF. I like that they moved. I like to save my trips to spirituality and debates for when I feel like I need to drastically raise my blood pressure or haven't decided everyone is stupid in a while.
  7. Here
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 05:41

On this forum it would be nice to have some response from Russ or whoever is running the site
    There a lots of ideas but no response as to why they cannot be implemented they just fade away into obscurity
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 10:421 edit
    Originally posted by padger
    On this forum it would be nice to have some response from Russ or whoever is running the site
    There a lots of ideas but no response as to why they cannot be implemented they just fade away into obscurity
    If fading is a problem support the "list of accepted proposals" thread.

Thread 155265
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 11:53
    Russ is a 'one big project at a time' kind of guy. Currently, that's the Android update. Everything else will have to wait until that's finished.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:26
    'Fed up' seems a little much.

If it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree