1. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    17 May '23 20:37
    I have no games waiting and am unable to book an time off. Any ideas anyone?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 May '23 00:48
    @medullah
    I just tried setting up a vacation and it appeared to work fine for me.
    I went to the vacation setting page, clicked the dates for when I wanted to start and end,
    then went to the bottom of the page and clicked 'BOOK', and it appeared to be set up.

Are those the steps that you used?
  3. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    18 May '23 16:07
    First of all thank you for tryig to help, appreciated.

I did try the steps that you outkined , and i get this message even with no games to play

"You must move in all games at risk of timeout before your vacation ends. Please book additional days accordingly."
  4. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    18 May '23 16:10
    I tried it from a different device and it worked a treat, so thanks again 🙂
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 May '23 18:39
    @medullah
    The main thing to remember is vacation protection does not stop the clock.
    In any game where it's your move, your clock is still running down.
    Vacation protection only prevents your opponent from claiming a win when your time is all gone.
    That's why you need to make a move in your games before the vacation protection expires.
  6. Joined
    24 Jan '23
    Moves
    16 Jul '23 12:32
    @mwmiller - A question on vacation. I play primarily 3 days / move + 7 day time bank games, and I am going to off the site for about 14 days. If I understand it correctly, there would be no reason to start my vacation on RHP until perhaps 9 days into my vacation, and extend it for a few days after I get back, because my time banks will run down whether I have a RHP vacation booked or not. Is that correct?
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    16 Jul '23 13:15
    @bigdata1969 said
    @mwmiller - A question on vacation. I play primarily 3 days / move + 7 day time bank games, and I am going to off the site for about 14 days. If I understand it correctly, there would be no reason to start my vacation on RHP until perhaps 9 days into my vacation, and extend it for a few days after I get back, because my time banks will run down whether I have a RHP vacation booked or not. Is that correct?
    That sounds about right to me. Just be aware that I'm just offering my own opinion here, so I recommend that you use feedback if you need confirmation on how the vacation option works.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Jul '23 14:15
    Vacations offer timeout protection, but the clock still ticks.

Your regular timeout period resets after a move, but timebank period does not.

So in hardcore timebank only games, vacation offers little protection from timeout as your timebank will have expired once your vacation protection ends.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    16 Jul '23 14:55
    @russ said
    Vacations offer timeout protection, but the clock still ticks.

Your regular timeout period resets after a move, but timebank period does not.

So in hardcore timebank only games, vacation offers little protection from timeout as your timebank will have expired once your vacation protection ends.
    Hey Russ, I have a question about hardcore timebank only games.
    Are they only found in tournaments? I have not seen them as an option anywhere else.
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Jul '23 08:47
    @bigdata1969 said
    That's exactly right.That's what I do
    Just think of the function as timeout protection

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree