Tournaments

Standard memberErikH
Help 10 Jan '21 16:02
  1. Joined
    18 Nov '13
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 16:02
    Is it possible to create a small private family tournament on RHP (4 players)? Which subscription level is required? Do all participants need subscription, or just the admin (me)?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 01:01
    @ErikH
    The 'clubs' link at the top of the page should answer all of your questions on the left side of that page.

link --> https://www.dailychess.com/chess-club/index.php
  3. Joined
    18 Nov '13
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 13:00
    @mwmiller
    Hi. Not so many answers to my specific questions on that page. Could you help out, with specific answers to my questions?
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 13:23
    @erikh said
    Is it possible to create a small private family tournament on RHP (4 players)? Which subscription level is required? Do all participants need subscription, or just the admin (me)?
    It is possible to create such a Tournament in differnt ways:

You can organise all the atches yourself and Keep also the books: No subscription required.
    You can found a club and organise the Tournament there. (you Need to be a club or a clan captain to organise your own tournaments using the Tournament facility)
    If you want to use the Tournament facility all Need to be subscribers.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Jan '21 13:49

Removed by poster

6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 00:09
    All tournament players need to subscribe even to play in a club tournament. So the only option for an official tournament is all to subscribe, otherwise a self set up tournament is the way to go and just have a table in the club with the results.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 12:57
    @trev33 said
    All tournament players need to subscribe even to play in a club tournament. So the only option for an official tournament is all to subscribe, otherwise a self set up tournament is the way to go and just have a table in the club with the results.
    Thanks for the clarification trev33. I have removed my previous post.
    I had incorrectly thought that non-sub club members would be allowed to play in their club tournaments.
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 13:32
    @erikh said
    I once "set up" a competition via the open invites option but it is quite laborious.
    First of all,every player needs to adjust their settings so that all the challenges are valid(minimum/maximum rating etc) and agree on a time scale for you all.
    Then each player would have to challenge every other player to 2 games(one white,one black).That would be six games for every player ,assuming 4 players as you suggest so be aware of the maximum number of games allowed for non subs.
    As it's a family group, another option would be just one game against every other player tossing a coin for the piece colour.
    You would need to keep the results yourself of course-quite easy on an xl spreadsheet similarly set up like the ones on here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree