Time Limit

Subscriberbob58
Help 15 Feb '21 12:14
  1. Joined
    04 Apr '09
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 12:14
    I have a game where my opponent is completely lost. He hasn't moved in almost a week, has timed out, but now is "on vacation". How long can he drag this out?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    15 Feb '21 13:33
    @bob58 said
    I have a game where my opponent is completely lost. He hasn't moved in almost a week, has timed out, but now is "on vacation". How long can he drag this out?
    If he's a subscriber he is entitled to 36 days "vacation"(which really means time limit protection)
    Once this has expired you can claim he skull.
    I don't think there's any way to tell how much he has used up
  3. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    16 Feb '21 12:32
    I have 4 tournament games in which the opponent has exhausted his timebank some time ago but as he has his vacation flag on there is no timeout.

Lesson learnt is don't enter a tournament where a player has 1400 games in progress .....
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 Feb '21 14:11
    @maxtheminnow said
    I have 4 tournament games in which the opponent has exhausted his timebank some time ago but as he has his vacation flag on there is no timeout.

Lesson learnt is don't enter a tournament where a player has 1400 games in progress .....
    There are some players who have a lot of games on the go that play perfectly acceptably.Zorro the fox and Texas Nurse to name but 2.This early in the year and with all the covid restrictions most players will have 36 days "vacation" left, but it does reduce every day whether they move or not.
    It's not really vacation of course because players still move with the flag up.
    I've suggested years ago the name be changed to "timeout protection flag" but it hasn't.
    You just have to be patient.36 days isn't that long in lockdown!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree