Scrolling

Standard memberchaney3
Help 04 Oct '18 00:00
  1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 00:00
    On my smartphone, which is all I use now:

When I click on icon to choose forums, the list appears, but I need to 'scroll' about 10 times to move the little gray bar down far enough to choose debates or spirituality. I need to do this every time I exit a forum and want to choose another.

I don't appear to be able to access the 'little gray bar' with my thumb.

A minor annoyance, but figured I'd throw in my 2 cents.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 01:061 edit
    It's actually getting annoying pretty quickly, and seems unnecessary because the phone scrolls on its own and doesn't require that 'gray bar'.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 13:161 edit
    The forums are arranged by activity now - so if a forum has received new posts, it will require no scrolling at all.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 17:48
    @russ said
    The forums are arranged by activity now - so if a forum has received no new posts, it will require no scrolling at all.
    I'm not talking about when already in a forum.

When I hit the icon that has 3 horizontal lines, it prompts me to select 'new game', 'forums', etc.

When I select 'forums' is when I must scroll and scroll (watching the little gray bar on right), at least 9 times, and only then can I select spirituality, which is at the bottom of list.

Maybe I'm not explaining properly, but it's new and never happened in the past.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 16:53
    @chaney3
    A fix for this mobile specific issue is waiting for release, expect it up tomorrow.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 17:03
    @Russ

Can we do something about scrolling the various data tables. I am talking about tables like 'most active player', and 'my performance'. There are several colums of numerical data. As you scroll down the page, the table header goes off the top of the page and makes it a little confusing to remember what the different data numbers represent.

In other words, is it possible to freeze the header in place and just scroll the data columns?

I asked this during the beta testing phase but maybe you missed it.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Oct '18 17:07
    @mwmiller
    This is not an easy thing to add. If you know of another site that does this well, then I'll take a look at how they handle mobile, etc. PM me any recommendations.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 09:09
    Scrolling on long nav bar menus (on mobile) now patched.
  9. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 10:11
    @Russ
    Here is a site with a good example. It works on an ipad, can people check it on other devices please? I think the two examples are two different techniques.
    http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/tablescroll.html
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 10:33
    @russ said
    Scrolling on long nav bar menus (on mobile) now patched.
    Thanks Russ.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 11:221 edit
    @chaney3 said
    I'm not talking about when already in a forum.

When I hit the icon that has 3 horizontal lines, it prompts me to select 'new game', 'forums', etc.

When I select 'forums' is when I must scroll and scroll (watching the little gray bar on right), at least 9 times, and only then can I select spirituality, which is at the bottom of list.

Maybe I'm not explaining properly, but it's new and never happened in the past.
    Can't you merely select Forums from the Menu and then All Public Forums?

Then you get the usage ordered list of forums.
  12. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 11:35
    @iamatiger said
    @Russ
    Here is a site with a good example. It works on an ipad, can people check it on other devices please? I think the two examples are two different techniques.
    http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/tablescroll.html
    This is exactly what I was asking about. The header that identifies the data in each column stays frozen at the top, and only the data scrolls.

I viewed it on my laptop using windows 7 and firefox.
    I think this would be a very benificial improvement when viewing all of our tables!
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 13:58
    @suzianne said

Yes, but I was doing it the other way for so long, and got used to it.

You're not the boss of me Suzianne. 😀

**is my courting getting any better?
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 10:55
    @suzianne said

Yeah, which is great for addicts, but a bother for those of us who only visit the forums once a day or so. You get to miss things.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree