1. Joined
    08 Jun '17
    Moves
    16 Dec '20 00:13
    I have a large Pink Post it note appeared on my home page. It says Your email provider has refused email from RED HOT PAWN CHESS too many times so move notifications have been suspended to your account. It then gives dubious advice including CLICK HERE. Is this a scam? Or is it genuine?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Dec '20 01:30
    Sounds like a scam. Send Feedback (link at bottom of page) to ensure Admin sees it.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Dec '20 09:41
    This message is part of the RHP web site (therefore not malicious) and is alerting you to a failed email delivery, and suspension of further email delivery attempts.

What is happening is we suspend sending email immediately if we send an email and it gets bounced back because of an error on the recipients end.

We have to do everything possible to protect our email sending reputation. If we get flagged as spam - and emailing a non-existent email addresses is an indicator of this (think of a spammer buying an out of date database of email addresses) - then the whole service is crippled.

The message will give instructions on resetting this block though. (Email Settings)
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Dec '20 09:42
    @bramble

The suspension has been removed now, and we will attempt to send email again.
  5. Joined
    08 Jun '17
    Moves
    16 Dec '20 13:06
    @Russ My inbox was quite full (30,000). Now empty. Maybe that will help. THANKS
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Dec '20 13:44
    Quite a few gmail users appear to have had similar problems recently, so I've reset this for everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree